That is one cool kerjigger.

I dunno if I'd do that, but there was a Texas Ranger who had an amazingly engraved 1911, with the trigger guard removed, that looked absolutely stellar. It's in a museum somewhere if memory serves me correctly.

Kerjigger what??

(I had to Urban Dict that word lol). Thank you.

I'd be a bit apprehensive about a 1911 without a trigger guard, they have light enough triggers as it is, but it sounds cool, I love engraved guns.

Edited by KennyFSU

Kerjigger what??

(I had to Urban Dict that word lol). Thank you.

I'd be a bit apprehensive about a 1911 without a trigger guard, they have light enough triggers as it is, but it sounds cool, I love engraved guns.

It's from Futurama, haha.

Well, he did do it for the sake of being able to get a quicker draw. It's not something I'd personally carry around, but I'd love to own it.

It happens!! I was looking at a 1913 Colt on Saturday, but the price was not right. It seems a lot of people nearly doubled their prices. Pre-election jitters already? Saw an unconverted S12 for nearly $900, and a basic S12 conversion for $1,999...

Yeah I'm afraid so. There was a local gun show I attended last weekend and everything from guns to ammo prices were outrageous. Needless to say I walked out empty-handed.

I guessed I bought my S12 just in time; although they were HALF the price several years ago.

OP, any luck on the 1911 hunt?

Yeah I'm afraid so. There was a local gun show I attended last weekend and everything from guns to ammo prices were outrageous. Needless to say I walked out empty-handed.

I guessed I bought my S12 just in time; although they were HALF the price several years ago.

OP, any luck on the 1911 hunt?

Went with a Rock Island in .45 of course and I even went a little fancy going with the nickle finish and it shoots like a champ and eats even the cheap ammo. Pics to come soon

Edited by pony_express1973

You know I hear those RIA ones are one of the best $4-500 1911s you can get, congrats.

Another buddy of mine got one in a trade and it has feed everything he's ran through it but I have yet to shoot it yet.

That's what I love about my military 1911s. They eat it all and are tough as nails. Might not be the most accurate for say competition shooting, but I'd trust my life to my 1942 Rem-Rand.

You know I hear those RIA ones are one of the best $4-500 1911s you can get, congrats.

Another buddy of mine got one in a trade and it has feed everything he's ran through it but I have yet to shoot it yet.

That's what I love about my military 1911s. They eat it all and are tough as nails. Might not be the most accurate for say competition shooting, but I'd trust my life to my 1942 Rem-Rand.

My buddy and i set up clay birds down as targets at a distance of 25-30 yards away and had no problem hitting them on the first shot just about every time I'd take this one to a competition and not think twice

Edited by pony_express1973

My buddy and i set up clay birds down as targets at a distance of 25-30 yards away and had no problem hitting them on the first shot just about every time I'd take this one to a competition and not think twice

If I don't get a Series 70, I might try my hand at getting another Pre-A1 1911, drop in a match grade barrel, and take it from there. I've always been a fan of the speed bump sights. Low-profile is my favorite. The high-profile sights just look odd to me.

• 1 month later...

I'd try the lower cost to shoot 9mm in a 1911 frame. I will probably trade in somethings for a Sig P938. I fell in awe of the P283 and after firing just one magazine, I stopped and went to the counter to investigate price.

8lb pull so cocked-and-locked has me less worried.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-rosewood.aspx

Edited by msrdiver