I've got a saiga that i've done some work to- extended mag release, JTE mainspring and low brass reliabilty kit. I'm also having pauly ice me up as we speak. I've been following on tromix's site about the june 1st signup at midnight and my dumb ass thought that was midnight at the night of june 1st. Obviously i missed it and i'm not sure if i want to wait another year. So i was wondering, should i wait another year, or should i go with another vendor, and if so, who? I've been on here a little while, and i'm familiar with tony reputation, but i'm not as familiar with others. I've got some other projects going and wouldn't mind the break, but i also have to admit i'd really like to get it done,so i'm torn and looking for a little advice. Suggestions?

also, i was planning/ am going to get an S-06 with the rubber pad and srt trigger

thanks

I really wanted a tromix. Never got on the list. Some day. I had Tac47 do my s12 and I freaking love it. My friend has a tromix and we shoot together. We both love both of them. Not much different at all. The tromix has welds on it that look like they were done by a seasoned pipe line welder. My tac47 is as dependable as any weapon ever issued or owned by me.

Pay a premium online for the tromix or ship it off to tac47 in texas. Either one will make you very happy. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

I would say, just keep an eye on the WTS section. Every month or so someone will put up a tromix build there. There are a lot of people who order a build like you want and then just throw it in the safe. It is pretty common to see a Tromix build with a bunch of magazines and other accessories that has had less than a hundred rounds through it there for around $1500. I bet one will turn up sooner than you would get on anyone's build list.

There are other good builders too. Tromix has enough work that he won't do any special requests for the general public. Some of the other good builders are willing to be a bit more custom. Lone star, Tac 47, JTE and others make builds that I would say are as good, but give you more choices.

I was thinking about tac47 but i wasn't crazy about their website, among other things, i was wondering if those prices included the s12 or if you supplied your own, maybe i missed it. i really like some of the stuff on LSA and i'll be calling them this week. i threw out red jacket early- i've ordered the bullpup 22 stock (another project) and i've found their customer service to be a little lackluster. If i wasn't wasn't looking for a cheap yet good bullpup i probably would have cancelled my order. im still checking into jte, i didn't know even know they did conversions actually

I would say, just keep an eye on the WTS section. Every month or so someone will put up a tromix build there. There are a lot of people who order a build like you want and then just throw it in the safe. It is pretty common to see a Tromix build with a bunch of magazines and other accessories that has had less than a hundred rounds through it there for around $1500. I bet one will turn up sooner than you would get on anyone's build list.

There are other good builders too. Tromix has enough work that he won't do any special requests for the general public. Some of the other good builders are willing to be a bit more custom. Lone star, Tac 47, JTE and others make builds that I would say are as good, but give you more choices.

Yes have to agree here.

I got my saiga back from Jack (JT Engineeering)and it runs like hell and looks as good too.The cross bolt safety works as advertised and love how the ergonomics of the gun feel.Give him a call and discuss what you would like and he will work with you and can give great advise building what you want.

Only bad thing is now my other saiga feels and looks inferior and may need to fix or sell.

If I were you, I'd contact another professional S-12 gunsmith.

It'll come as no suprise to most on this forum that I'll recommend Mike Rogers of Lone Star Arms. biggrin.png

His builds are different from Tony's, but in no way inferior, imo.

Also, if you go with LSA, you're likely to have your S-12 completed, (customized with many more options than Tromix offers.. just sayin), and back in your hands within 4-6 weeks, (and possibly faster). I can't think of any other top tier custom S-12 gunsmith that I can say the same about. wink.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I was thinking about tac47 but i wasn't crazy about their website, among other things, i was wondering if those prices included the s12 or if you supplied your own, maybe i missed it. i really like some of the stuff on LSA and i'll be calling them this week. i threw out red jacket early- i've ordered the bullpup 22 stock (another project) and i've found their customer service to be a little lackluster. If i wasn't wasn't looking for a cheap yet good bullpup i probably would have cancelled my order. im still checking into jte, i didn't know even know they did conversions actually

The web site sucks. They build guns not computers. :) I'd be wary of a shop that had to pimp out their website to make them look good. Just do it old school and pick up the phone and ask them how much for what you want. The website has general prices for more common levels of builds. I had to pay a little more for a galail handle and a more perfected trigger. I pretty much kept it simple. This was for work and not for play. Very happy with it and would trust them with my life. Good men. I did a shit ton of research on the saiga before I had mine built. I researched all the builders and asked questions to owners of the shotguns I was interested in. I live in an area where these are pretty common so I was fortunate to try different builders and some home made jobs before ending up with a tac47.

Don't let web page lead you to believe a product is super quality.

Our Conversions are only 399.00 when you supply the gun. Here is a conversion Calculator as well. Any part you buy from us we install it for free, as well as guarantee the best price on the parts your purchase, if you find the part lower we will refund the difference. Everything is seamlessly welded up and refinished, sandblast, parkerized then Teflon coat.

Tonys Work is Top Notch as well as ours... But dont be fooled theres alot of Snake Oil out there.

http://www.tac47indu...conversion.html

• Like 2

I think my second post was a little off the mark. Don't get me wrong, i've been doing alot of research, and i still want to do more. What i should have said was i'm not really crazy with tac 47's website- for a company as great as it is. They definetly seem to be at the top of the game, as their customer base here is showing. Its just a little frustrating cruising around the site. I'm not trying to slander what seems like an awesome shop with some piddly crap ass whining.

On a side note, i think its incredible that within 24 hours of posting an issue, i have two of the best guys in business talking with me about it. I know i appreciate it.Just another reason i like to stick with small or local businesses whenever i can.

• Like 1

I think my second post was a little off the mark. Don't get me wrong, i've been doing alot of research, and i still want to do more. What i should have said was i'm not really crazy with tac 47's website- for a company as great as it is. They definetly seem to be at the top of the game, as their customer base here is showing. Its just a little frustrating cruising around the site. I'm not trying to slander what seems like an awesome shop with some piddly crap ass whining.

On a side note, i think its incredible that within 24 hours of posting an issue, i have two of the best guys in business talking with me about it. I know i appreciate it.Just another reason i like to stick with small or local businesses whenever i can.

No for sure I know your not talking bad about the site, no worries. I actually know we need to update and redesign the site. website creation Its above my pay grade, but yes its kurfunkled and were getting it updated.

• Like 1

Can’t wait to get my build back all of tac47's work is superb and the owner's are as well they will go out of their way for you they are always polite and knowledgeable make your visit to their shop if you’re in spring get on the tac47 saiga train you won’t be disappointed in their work!

Did you respond to TROMIX yet? Pretty cool if he got you on the list. Let us which way you went. Either way, you will have a shotgun that runs like a Singer!