Cosmetically challenged.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What shade would make my incoming Hi-point 995TS prettier?

• Red makes anything sexy!
    • Pink is more natural. Sorta.
    • OD Green. It's more manly.
    • Black! The Goths finally got one right.
    • Chapstick tastes better and is cheaper.
    • Ugly guns, like ugly women, don't need makeup as long as they work.
    • You dumb ass! Do NOT put lipstick on a pig!

Well, seeing as I've admitted an affinity for pistol caliber carbines (and being cheap) I recently ordered a Hi-Point 995TS to replace my Ruger PC4 at the range and supplement it for HD. The Ruger (40 caliber) will be strictly HD from now on. I figured a 9mm will punch through paper plenty well enough and will also be more than adequate for defensive purposes especially if using +P ammo. 9mm is cheaper to shoot too.

The poll is mainly there for humor (if I managed any) but I suppose the question is real enough in a round about way. Leave the ugly thing alone, just use and abuse it? Or..... dress it up and treat it like a quality firearm should be treated?

I know some people disparage Hi-Points as a matter of course, but strangely enough that was one reason I bought it. After all, I'm already used to AR guys looking down their noses at my Saigas. I think it will do what I ask of it and I do intend to find out if it's accurate and reliable.

Tim

Edited by TacticoolTim

The after market stock for them is nice looking. Makes it look alot like a berreta.

I've heard conflicting reports as to whether the ATI stock fits the TS. That would be the ultimate insult to the snobs though.

Ugly guns, like ugly women, don't need makeup as long as they work.

Hot damn Tim I liked to fell of out of my chair, haha.gif

Well, the truth doesn't always hurt, huh? Sometimes it's funny.

Here's another truism. Ugly guns/women aren't nearly as bad if you only use them when it's dark.

HPC2.jpg

do something like this and you get free admission to the cool kids club, vz58 stocks make anything look good

That's a nice looking setup. So is everybody wrong and pigs can wear makeup?

Edited by TacticoolTim
  • Like 1

Well, seeing as I've admitted an affinity for pistol caliber carbines (and being cheap) I recently ordered a Hi-Point 995TS to replace my Ruger PC4 at the range and supplement it for HD. The Ruger (40 caliber) will be strictly HD from now on. I figured a 9mm will punch through paper plenty well enough and will be more than adequate for defensive purposes especially if using +P ammo. 9mm is cheaper to shoot also.

The poll is mainly there for humor (if I managed any) but I suppose the question is real enough in a round about way. Leave the ugly thing alone, just use and abuse it? Or..... dress it up and treat it like a quality firearm should be treated?

I know some people disparage Hi-Points as a matter of course, but strangely enough that was one reason I bought it. After all, I'm already used to AR guys looking down their noses at my Saigas. I think it will do what I ask of it and I do intend to find out if it's accurate and reliable.

Tim

I have a Hi point 9mm carbine. Got it due to ammo cost and fun to shoot plus that will be what my kids move on to after they master the .22. I haven't done anything to it besides shoot it but hey anything looks better with some makeup. unhappy.gif

Edited by pony_express1973

Only if it's the indoor potbelly pig variety. ;)

I have the Beretta Storm carbine, 9mm, and like it very much! Funny thing, the magazines from my Taurus PT-99 work perfectly in the Storm, but the Beretta mags don't work in the Taurus! :P That gives me 4 mags for the Storm, 60 rnds total. If that isn't enough for HD, I have a LOT of other problems! :D

Only if it's the indoor potbelly pig variety. wink.png

I have the Beretta Storm carbine, 9mm, and like it very much! Funny thing, the magazines from my Taurus PT-99 work perfectly in the Storm, but the Beretta mags don't work in the Taurus! tongue.png That gives me 4 mags for the Storm, 60 rnds total. If that isn't enough for HD, I have a LOT of other problems! biggrin.png

I like the Beretta carbine but the price was too steep for me. For it's intended purpose I think the 995TS will work fine. Besides, it's cheap enough that I won't be afraid to take the hammer, grinder, torch, dremel, or whatever to it.

Tim, The ATI stock will work for the TS you just have to do a little more fitting. Although I must say, the Vz58 is very sexy!

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be going that route. ATI was pretty blatant on their copy and it might upset Ronin38, among others. Maybe I should just engrave H&K on the dust cover. That should cause some confusion. laugh.png It's probably inevitable that I'll do something with it though. Of all my firearms I've only named my 308 (Bluto) but Miss Piggy seems to be a perfect fit for this one.

Edited by TacticoolTim

It mostly needs a reliable 30 shot mag. the other things are nice though too. I recently tried a new style 45 acp carbine and was surprised how much better the new stock looked and felt. Not a gun to dump money into unless it amuses you to do so, but I would be happy with the new style stocks.

HPC2.jpg

do something like this and you get free admission to the cool kids club, vz58 stocks make anything look good

I'd have to agree, makes my VZ58 look good!! That gives me ideas...I have a VZ58 kit laying around I bought awhile back when I bought my carbine...may have to see what I can make purtier with the extra folder!!