Adjusting gas tube question.

Sorry i'm new, i even looked in the do this first newbie section. I dont wanna screw anything up, i've only fired around 75 rounds through it. It fires 3 inch slugs that are 1600 to 1760 fps all day no problem, but walmart federal general purpose loads that are 3 inch 1200 fps no feed , or 23/4 1300 fps feed about 50 to 75 % of the time.

I'm afraid to touch the gas tube adjustment, its on number 2 now, do i go counter clockwise, or what, i see pics of you guys taking it apart, but how do you know wher put put it when u put it back together. just scarred. Spent too much time making it pretty to f it up now. I'm sure most of you are laughing, hopefully I will be to.

post-42819-0-27559300-1339702552_thumb.jpg

Remember that setting 2 is TWICE the gas of setting 1.

Always try ammo on setting 1 first; if it doesn't cycle, turn to setting 2.

Just re-read your description. Your gun is undergassed for the ammo you bought.

Maybe undergassed completely if you've been shooting 3" slugs on position 2 and it's not beating the shit out of the rear trunnion.

• Like 2

so your saying I can't have my cake and eat it to?

If i port it I can shoot trash through it 22 dollars for 100 rnds, but if I don't I can shoot rifled slugs for 12 dollars for 15 rnds? am I correct?

I want to thank the users on this forum for the information that has been given. I also having trouble with using full power except on the highest gas setting and having Wally Mart not function all of the time. I was thinking of opening the gas ports, 4 port model, when all I ended up doing is unscrew the plug about 2 turns. It now functions with everything. Thank you for your wisdom and keeping me from doing something dumb.

So do you need to remove the gas block to open up the ports?

That is the correct way to do it, yes. Drive two pins out and press the GB towards the muzzle.

I will say there is a video on Youtube, of a guy who does it (incorrectly) without removing the gas block.