Downloading Dexter, seasons 1-6 right now.

I'm sure you'll love the show. The only character that bugs me is his sister Deb, mostly because of the painfully skinny, freaky-lookin chick they cast in that role who they keep insisting is "hot". rolleyes.gif

I'm 2 episodes in so far, and yeah, Deb is gangly.

Dex's girlfriend is pretty hot, though.

I'm sure you'll love the show. The only character that bugs me is his sister Deb, mostly because of the painfully skinny, freaky-lookin chick they cast in that role who they keep insisting is "hot". rolleyes.gif

Isn't Vince Masuka hilarious? Great cast. The crazy English chick and Rita are both very nice.

Isn't Vince Masuka hilarious? Great cast. The crazy English chick and Rita are both very nice.

Is Masuka the Asian forensics guy? I didn't make it past Season 1, Episode 2 yet.

Is Masuka the Asian forensics guy? I didn't make it past Season 1, Episode 2 yet.

Yep (Masuka), With the creepy laugh. He is pretty funny and adds to the show.

Dexter trivia: y'all know that Dex and Deb were married in real life and are recently divorced. Hence (0ther than his cancer issue) rumors the series is going to end.

Edited by RedChallenger

Am I the only Boardwalk Empire fan here? Love that show, dont get HBO though so I watch it on the computer.

BE is good also, but not one of my favorites. I find it hard to buy Steve Buscemi as a gangster. They should have cast someone at least a little more physically imposing.

What about Mr Pink?

mr_pink_jpg-magnum.jpg

He was pretty good in that role, but what was that.. ~20 yrs ago?

Even then, he played a henchman, not a boss of a major criminal enterprise.

As I said, BE isn't bad, but it's definitely not one of my favorites.

Edited by SNAFU

Yep (Masuka), With the creepy laugh. He is pretty funny and adds to the show.

Dexter trivia: y'all know that Dex and Deb were married in real life and are recently divorced. Hence (0ther than his cancer issue) rumors the series is going to end.

I don't really read about any of the crap going on with the show outside of the show itself, so I didn't know about this.

I'd say congrats to Mr. Hall for ditching that scarecrow and think it really sucks that the divorce would jeopardize the series. Obviously Dex is the main character, and the one who draws everyone to the show. They should just kill Deb off, which'd be easy enough.

Sucks that he has cancer issues.. that's what fucked the Spartacus series as well, (the original Spartacus actor was much better than his replacement).

I'm into Falling Skies and Walking Dead. But am waiting for Season 2 of WD since Dish wont run AMC at a decent price. Had to go up one level from Basic as Basic is NOTHING but cartoon and church programming.

I'm into Falling Skies and Walking Dead. But am waiting for Season 2 of WD since Dish wont run AMC at a decent price. Had to go up one level from Basic as Basic is NOTHING but cartoon and church programming.

Dish has dropped AMC completely. You can't get it through them with any package now.

Dish has dropped AMC completely. You can't get it through them with any package now.

Yep, an amazingly stupid move, imo, especially since BB and WD are a couple of the most popular shows on any channel now.

I wonder what the bigwigs at Dish were smoking when they made that decision.

Edited by SNAFU

Ya, I kinda got that, but they hadn't yet when I signed on.

No biggy for me, I'll wait for it to come out on disk and buy it. Wait'n on Season 2 now, lol.

Kinda my plans, except I hope to get a bootleg copy so they get fucked just that little bit, since neither DISH nor AMC cares about their viewers .....bad_egg.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like the reasons that I am done with cable/dish and use my Apple TV. Lot cheaper for what I watch, for the cost of one month of Dish I can get 2 seasons of TV shows and they are always there waiting to be watched, no DVR needed. I already had Netflix and that works great. Between the 2 I get all my entertainment needs met.

No need to buy disks either when I can, legally, download anything when I want it. I already ripped all my DVDs to my media server and access it with my Apple TV.

Also, for anyone considering this, get the ATV 2 used, the newst one is not a great improvement unless you need 1080p streaming. These can be found for $50-60.

Back on topic, I just finished Chuck and I liked it, lots of geeky references and very entertaining. Got the disks from Netflix.

Sounds like the reasons that I am done with cable/dish and use my Apple TV. Lot cheaper for what I watch, for the cost of one month of Dish I can get 2 seasons of TV shows and they are always there waiting to be watched, no DVR needed. I already had Netflix and that works great. Between the 2 I get all my entertainment needs met.

No need to buy disks either when I can, legally, download anything when I want it. I already ripped all my DVDs to my media server and access it with my Apple TV.

Also, for anyone considering this, get the ATV 2 used, the newst one is not a great improvement unless you need 1080p streaming. These can be found for $50-60.

Back on topic, I just finished Chuck and I liked it, lots of geeky references and very entertaining. Got the disks from Netflix.

All well and good, except that there are still hundreds of thousands of citizens that do NOT have that option. For instance..... I live in and area where there is no DSL or cable. The only internet options are dial-up, air card (3G), or satellite. Either way bandwidth is limited and prevents that type of viewing. Therefore, another non-option.

in no particular order

SouthLand, Breaking Bad, Flashpoint, Venture Bros, Burn Notice, White Collar. I used to really like Leverage and a few others. I'm a big fan of character driven shows with a solid plot. Into a lot of Brit comedies. and after working in an office like the office that was absurb, I can appreciate it a lot now that I escaped that lol.

I don't include Walking Dead yet (sorry I read the Graphic novels, sue me)

Ya, I kinda got that, but they hadn't yet when I signed on.

No biggy for me, I'll wait for it to come out on disk and buy it. Wait'n on Season 2 now, lol.

Kinda my plans, except I hope to get a bootleg copy so they get fucked just that little bit, since neither DISH nor AMC cares about their viewers .....bad_egg.gif

Torrents, my friend, torrents. Anything you could ever want to see (and some things you don't ever want to see) are available.

Or so I've been told. I'm a law abiding citizen and would never illegally download something like that.bad_smile.gif