I thought about the P238, but I'm on a budget. I'm almost sure I'm going with the LCP, but I'm still open to suggestions.

I hear ya on the budget, my wife likes the rainbow titanium finsih on the Sig P238/P239 but that price tag, ouch! I've been thinking about renting one at the range and trying it out, I'm not a big fan of 380...

what are the prices you find on the 238?

and I wouldn't touch a 239 until supply catches demand.

Mine is P-64 in 9x18 carried in a pocket holster. Along with the R61/SMC918 (my other carry alternatives) is the smallest pistol for the 9x18 round. All steel, excelent fit, finish, and function, quite light pull in single action, which contributes to wonderful accuracy, currently available for about 225-250 shipped depending on finish and number of magazines.

+1

Surprisingly compact, best sub 9mm round, built like a tank. Has a bad rep for double action trigger pull, but not any worse than my snubby revolver. As others have stated, given the adrenalin rush, it is actually a plus IMHO.

i dont think id want either the ruger or the S&W. if it were me, id look for something with a litte bit bigger punch. im not a fan of mouse guns. too small for my hands. id rather have something along the lines of a glock 19,23 0r 30. thats about as small as my hands can go, and can still benefit from the better calibers, with a higher capacity. but this is just me. your flavors may vary.

I wish I could find another PPK/s used for a fair price, those things have gone nuts since I last bought one.

I should have never sold the one I had, someone punch me.

Just another to consider since they are common rental guns.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd just bump this up instead of starting yet another "new gun" thread. ;)

Just picked up a Kahr CM9 for carry duty. It slots nicely between my .380 and .45. Also bought a spare mag, the magazine extensions for a better grip and a DeSantis holster.

Fresh out of the box it flawlessly ran 6 different kinds of HP ammo! :up:

I did add the mag. extensions that give me a little more grip, they help. Also, it has very good texturing on the grip area. Almost too aggressive! I ran another 100 rnds. through today (just FMJ) to help break it in, and it's nice to shoot with gloves on. :)

Definitely not going to win any trophies for accuracy with this... not the gun's fault, I'm just not very steady with a small gun + long trigger pull. "Center of Mass" at 10 meters is okay, which is what I bought it for.

i wish my hands were smaller. then i might be able to actually enjoy these smaller guns. sad.png

I wish my hands were smaller too. Then I could have been a gynecologist.

Yeah, then you could have seen all the diseased ones. (my mom was OB, dinner conversation is not for the squeamish.)

i wish my hands were smaller. then i might be able to actually enjoy these smaller guns. sad.png

Yeah, then you could have seen all the diseased ones. (my mom was OB, dinner conversation is not for the squeamish.)

Eats a spoonful of Cream of Wheat, So mom what does a yeast infection look like?

• Like 3

I actually knew a gynecologist many years ago. He said it was the worst career decision he could have possibly made. After staring at it all day, he wanted nothing to do with it when he got home.