RAA Test Site found!!!

Am i the only one that noticed the High caps listed as low caps on the magazine page? They are listing thos 30.06's everyone wants as well but its the Saiga 100. The ugly one.

Edited by stokstad

I know some of my competitors are going to get on the band wagon now. They are not so impressed by me beating them but when my 13 year old son stomps them they take notice. :eek: I'd bet Saigas are going to fly off the shelf for a while anyway.

What is that guy holding? And how did it get to be all over him?

Additionally, yes, I agree: there will be a TON more saiga owners. About 10 of my friends are dying to get their hands on one, which I couldn't be more excited about. Educate and arm the masses is what I say. To me this seems like what Kalishnakov envisioned. An affordable, simple gun that most anyone could obtain and use. :super:

Aegis,

We need to get the band back together let me know when you can make it between your college studies. I'll be taking two courses this fall but they are on-line so I'll have a bit more flexibility. At any rate http://ncrr.net/ there is a tactical shotgun match on 22 Oct in Norfolk. And a 3 gun in Oxford, N.C. on 16 Oct

http://users.gloryroad.net/~idpa/

Also I had Tom thread my barrel it's got a modified in it now.

Anyway you slice it there are going to be more Saiga owners out there soon!

Edited by topmaul

Do I read right that the new S12s will have choke tubes? Ie like a normal shotgun? That will be SWEEET! I knew there was a reason I waited for one.

And if those bolt actions in X39 are well priced, that would make a huge difference in that niche market!

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Crap, just checked their accessory page and it looks like I was wrong. But an externally screwed on polychoke would be great.

Their mag page is a little messed up too.

Am I to understand that this is just them testing their page and that we're not supposed to be able to see it yet?

Edited by BattleRifleG3

"this is just them testing their page and that we're not supposed to be able to see it yet?"

Yep. I got lucky & guessed right on the second try by adding extensions to the root address. Hope they don't mind us looking around--they might even appreciate some constructive feedback, although the site looks really good as it is now.

Probably some additional content to add like distributors.

I'm REALLY glad the Saigas aren't all in the Saiga 100 pattern.

"this is just them testing their page and that we're not supposed to be able to see it yet?"

Yep.  I got lucky & guessed right on the second try by adding extensions to the root address.  Hope they don't mind us looking around--they might even appreciate some constructive feedback, although the site looks really good as it is now.

Probably some additional content to add like distributors.

I'm REALLY glad the Saigas aren't all in the Saiga 100 pattern.

Agreed, constructive critisism might be welcomed, but I'd make sure they understand that you understand that this isn't even beta mode yet. Might make a list of things that you think need changing, and send it in the attitude of helping out. I.E. there's a typo on the S20 page where it says S12. The listing of normal capacity mags we all know will need to change. etc, etc, etc.

Excellent find, btw fixerbob. Feels like when you can't wait for Christmas so you go do a little snooping and happen to find a hidden stash of ....

If that page is right that means no more 19" barrel Saiga 12's. 580mm is 22.8in and 680mm is 26.8in. Looks like just the sporting length barrels will be available.

I wanted a 19" with threaded barrel. I was waiting to see what transpired with RAA, now I'm hoping to get an EAA model at the next gun show.

I think the lack of a defensive length barrel will put a damper on this gun's popularity. It just won't be as cool to convert with those extra 3" and if you cut it you'll lose the threads and won't be able to add a flash supressor (yea they're worthless but they look cool :).

:super: It pays to poke around sometimes.

http://www.raacfirearms.com/test/index.htm

Assuming they would have stuff loaded on their server for testing, just started adding "/xxxx" extensions to their site.

Enjoy.

Bob

I'm enjoying it right now...uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh...spewww!

Thanks for the fix Bob!!! :smoke:

Edited by dinzag

I sent RAA an email asking about 8rd mags & the reply I eventually got was they wouldn't sell them because of the ATF rules against it, she even included the atf web page addy. I searched it pretty extensively & couldn't find a thing about it. I sent another email to which I haven't gotten a reply, nor do I expect one, asking her to copy & send me the part from their rules that says that is against the law. I tried to be nice, just asked for help but haven't heard a word. IOW, I think they just don't want to import them. For whatever reason. Oh well, I'm waiting on good ol' USA made mags, I guess. MLM59

OK guys, looks like 5-10 days and I will have the Saiga line listed on my website up for sale!!!!

So you are a distributor for RAA imported Saigas and you will be taking individual preorders? How do retailers factor into the sales chain if distributors sell directly to the consumer?

How about filling us in on some of the details of the business model and what weapons will be offered?

Wolverine :smoke:

I sent RAA an email asking about 8rd mags & the reply I eventually got was they wouldn't sell them because of the ATF rules against it, she even included the atf web page addy.  I searched it pretty extensively & couldn't find a thing about it.  I sent another email to which I haven't gotten a reply, nor do I expect one, asking her to copy & send me the part from their rules that says that is against the law.  I tried to be nice, just asked for help but haven't heard a word.  IOW, I think they just don't want to import them.  For whatever reason.  Oh well, I'm waiting on good ol' USA made mags, I guess.  MLM59

I believe (given conversations posted here and talking with an eyewitness to the EAA file) that the ATF informs the importers that importing 8 round mags = bad.

The language isn't there, it's an interpretation. Importation/creation of foreign nonsporting firearms = bad. 8 rnd detachable mag = bad. attaching an 8 rnd mag to a saiga that hasn't been configured to be domestic = bad. (well, actually it's any mag > 5)

Then, there's the possibility that they've said that plentiful supply of hi capacity feeding devices ==> DD designation on the Saiga.

Don't fault RAA. They are probably 2a enthusiasts, are going to be responsible for restocking america with Saiga's, and certainly are businessmen.

OK guys, looks like 5-10 days and I will have the Saiga line listed on my website up for sale!!!!

So you are a distributor for RAA imported Saigas and you will be taking individual preorders? How do retailers factor into the sales chain if distributors sell directly to the consumer?

How about filling us in on some of the details of the business model and what weapons will be offered?

Wolverine :smoke:

I deal with both distibutor type sales, and retail; plus some other distibutors I use for some items are picking up the Saiga line as well.