conversion, mid-michigan area?

Looking into getting my S12 converted any one know of any reputable people or gunsmiths in the Michigan area? (Flint/baycity/Detroit) thanks.

Ive called around and most places that do smith work have no idea what im asking about or arnt willing to do the work. I know i can send it out but the few places ive contacted wanted around 800-1000 with me providing the gun. Now im sure their work is top notch but its kinda out of my price range.

Looking into getting my S12 converted any one know of any reputable people or gunsmiths in the Michigan area? (Flint/baycity/Detroit) thanks.

Ive called around and most places that do smith work have no idea what im asking about or arnt willing to do the work. I know i can send it out but the few places ive contacted wanted around 800-1000 with me providing the gun. Now im sure their work is top notch but its kinda out of my price range.

I just posted a converted one in the for sale section at a great price. Sell your unconverted and buy this one.biggrin.png

http://forum.saiga-1...d-saiga-12-825/

Edited by Jetmech

you can do the conversion yourself, certain things you need a gunsmith, but not in this case. it's not all that difficult, all you need is some common hand tools that everybody has.

I am not the most mechanically inclined person and I was able to do it. I used this step-by-step tutorial and reused the trigger guard.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/40886-step-by-step-conversion-with-pics/

Yeah.....im sure i could do it myself the only part that has we weary is just getting all the parts back together in working order, ive never completly gutted any of my firearms. Probably just my 'what if worst case scenerio' preventing me from doing it.

The reinstallation of the parts (except for the BHO) is easier then the work to remove all the "sporting" crap. The working fire control group guts of a semi auto AK is SIMPLE!

I suggest poking around Youtube and on here before you really decide if you want to send it off for the work. It truly is an easy task to accomplish.

A buddy I went to school with works out in the area near 275 and 96 (livonia, plymouth, canton, etc). Craig. Underground Gunworks. Highly recommended by many in the area. 734-756-0031 www.undergroundgunworks.com He knows Saigas real well. Tell him Esmin sent you.