Kinda think I might have been robbed today...

Glad to hear it wasn't stolen.

But just to cover your bases..............I'd still whoop the shit out of any suspect looking punk ass kids in the neighborhood. There's no defense, like a good offense!

bad_smile.gif

Edited by -Shooter-

I have to admit that I've been pretty lucky as far as my mail here. We've been in the same house for about 5 years now and have had the same mailman for that time except when he's on vacation and then who knows where they get these fill-in ones that don't know what street they are on or what numbers are...although at least once it worked out well for me.

I bought a real nice soft case for my Saiga off Amazon, the one with the five pouches on the side for mags. I watched the shipping information real close, then it said "Delivered" and I was like... um, no... I went outside and checked around the yard, under the bushes and such, the neighbors porches that I could see, and no package. Figured I'd give them a day, maybe the guy marked it as delivered and was figuring on hitting me first thing in the morning. No dice, end of day still no package. Mail came the next day and still no package so I went to Amazon as they were the one fulfilling the order and got this real nice gentleman on the live chat who said no problem, they'd get another one right out to me. Wow, cool... so two days later the replacement one arrived, I checked it out, stowed my Saiga in it a few times then put it up for when I need it.

Next day, a lady that owns a house one street over and two blocks down knocks on my door, tells me that she had come over to check on her rental house there (currently empty) and found this package stuck in between the inner and outer front doors. I thanked her and after she left got hold of Amazon and told them what happened and they told me to KEEP BOTH of the gun bags!

• Like 2

It's nice to hear a story about an honest person being rewarded for honesty. Kudos

Glad to hear it wasn't stolen.

But just to cover your bases..............I'd still whoop the shit out of any suspect looking punk ass kids in the neighborhood. There's no defense, like a good offense!

bad_smile.gif

Haha, you sir, sound like a very offensive person ;)

Glad to hear it's all good.

PO Box's aren't always as safe as you might think they are. Few years back ours was broke into a couple times. Happened to multiple Post Offices throughout the area. Fed's finally caught the culprits. They were primarily stealing "end of the month" checks.

I'm glad you got it all worked out.

The pedantic part of my nature makes me point out that the theft of something from a UPS truck is not robbery.

Robbery requires force, or threat thereof, and is different from larceny, or theft in that manner.

However, it's difficult to say "I was thieved from today." whereas "I got robbed" is easier to use.

If someone steals your car, it's theft, specifically grand theft auto. If you're IN the car, it's robbery, specifically carjacking.

Not from the mail truck, from the mail box. Said truck in the street was just a white pickup. My thought process was they were starring the kid down because they saw him digging in a mail box and then walk past the house. Not that it takes much more force to open the door of a cheap ass mail box like mine, but yeah. My landlord/room mate gets back from working a summer camp in about a week or so. I'm going to strongly pitch the idea of a locking mailbox. I'd be willing to go in on it with him, seems like a good investment if I plan on ordering more S12 parts in the future ;)

I bought a real nice soft case for my Saiga off Amazon, the one with the five pouches on the side for mags. I watched the shipping information real close, then it said "Delivered" and I was like... um, no...

This started happening to me because I keep ordering heavy shit. Walk out, see nothing. The delivery dudes are tired of having to carry a bunch of ammo and machinery up my porch stairs, lol. They just dump it infront of the garage now.

One time a mailman dropped my box full of metal plates on his foot and left me a note on the package about it. I hope he didnt break his foot lol.

I bought a real nice soft case for my Saiga off Amazon, the one with the five pouches on the side for mags. I watched the shipping information real close, then it said "Delivered" and I was like... um, no...

This started happening to me because I keep ordering heavy shit. Walk out, see nothing. The delivery dudes are tired of having to carry a bunch of ammo and machinery up my porch stairs, lol. They just dump it infront of the garage now.

One time a mailman dropped my box full of metal plates on his foot and left me a note on the package about it. I hope he didnt break his foot lol.

An angry note, or an "I hope I didn't break your package" note?

• Like 1

I get everything shipped to the office with tracking, When I do ship outbound it is from the office.

When I order pure lead I let the mailman know what day it is due and meet Him at His truck

to get it out and take it to my truck.

Glad things worked out Goose, and Stryker is right, no need to get worked up over things you

can buy again, let the Police do there job.

The only thing that gets shipped to my house is ammo, and UPS has my address tagged as "hold and notify". Never had anything taken off the porch when they did leave it, but why take chances.

Goose, talk to your postal carrier about putting a padlock on the mailbox and giving him/her a key. You can get a cheap mailbox from Lowe's with a mail slot cut in the door. IIRC, they're only about $30-$40 bucks for the standard model. My MIL has one with a lock in the door, and she simply leaves it cracked after getting the mail. The postman simply pushes the door all the way closed when he makes the daily drop, and it's locked.

I get everything shipped to the office with tracking, When I do ship outbound it is from the office.

When I order pure lead I let the mailman know what day it is due and meet Him at His truck

to get it out and take it to my truck.

Glad things worked out Goose, and Stryker is right, no need to get worked up over things you

can buy again, let the Police do there job.

Thanks, but it wasn't the sight, it was the fact that I made eye contact called the lil fucker out on it a few months ago when he tried. I wouldn't feel any different if it were just junk mail. It's the disrespect and the nerve. And the fact that someone is raising a child that would that sort of thing. It honestly never crossed my mind that my mail wasn't secured while I was away, I mean, who the fuck steals mail?? C'mon man, really??

While on the subject of mail related mischief,

There is a burger join around these parts called Dick's Burgers. It is open till late and attracts a lot of the party crowd.

Occasionally, people on a local forum complain about drunk kids leaving their used Dick's wrappers inside other peoples mailboxes. They never take anything out of the boxes though. At least the kids know better than to litter.

Goose, set up an expansive looking package inside of a hidden bear trap.

When mail theft happens around these parts, people take screenshots from their surveillance cameras and post them on the neighborhood forum for all to see. It has worked before, and people have been caught.

Edited by Agent Lemon
  • Like 1

Most websites have a "comment/instructions" box on check out. Just punch in "hold for pick up", this only works for USPS, but I do it all the time at customers requests.. You just get a pink card in the mail box, and they do check ids on pick up.

That said out of several hundred shipments this year. I've had two lost and one stolen.. Which is really not that bad.