That's a good lecture from an anesthesiologist. His knowledge of firearms is pretty damn good. I would guess he's an enthusiast.

I guess since people don't listen to soldiers who actually used the worthless piece of shit 5.56 nato, they will listen to a anesthesiologist who watches surgeons operate on handgun wounds and downloads ballistics results from youtube.

Interesting points on hypotension and the surgery.

Oh wow, what a small world.

I have personally met the doc giving the lecture. He is responsible for medic/EMT/whatever training at a local hospital.

I keep seeing people I know in online videos for some reason. I also run into people I know in various countries. How weird.

That's a good lecture from an anesthesiologist. His knowledge of firearms is pretty damn good. I would guess he's an enthusiast.

I guess since people don't listen to soldiers who actually used the worthless piece of shit 5.56 nato, they will listen to a anesthesiologist who watches surgeons operate on handgun wounds and downloads ballistics results from youtube.

I've noticed on several occasions that you've rather strongly expressed negative opinions on the 5.56. I hear the same from a lot of other military people too. So what do you think should be the primary military round? Also, what do you think of the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC?

Wow, a 9mm feels like 10lbs dropped from .72 inches? My 9mm is getting traded ASAP. Even the .45 Golden Sabre +P didnt kill the guy. I might start saving for a SBR.

I really think 7.62x39 is the answer, however our ammo selection has a long way to go.

NO caliber is a one shot stop guarantee. People have survived multiple high caliber shots, single shot from high caliber rifles to the head, some survived direct grenade explosions (using their body to cover the said grenade) there was even a Japanese guy who survived both atomic bombs and lived into his 80s. My friend's dad survived 4 shot to his chest from an AK47 and layed in the field bleading for a few days (Balkan war) You can sell your 9s or 45s, it doesnt matter you might as well sell everything because in the history of modern firearms i guaranty theres someone who survived every type of caliber.

Edited by Arik

Wow, a 9mm feels like 10lbs dropped from .72 inches? My 9mm is getting traded ASAP. Even the .45 Golden Sabre +P didnt kill the guy. I might start saving for a SBR.

Better trade it for sledgehammer. .45 feels like ten pounds dropped from guess what? 1.37 inches.

The point of that statement is that energy and momentum don't equate to 'stopping power' in handguns. It's about the combination of penetration and tissue destruction.

Good video. I think the overall point he was making wasn't that one handgun round was better than another, but that they all suck pretty similarly, and long arm ammo does the job. So same thing we all knew. They all usually work if you put 2-3 in the right place but nothing is a sure thing.

I could tell that the Dr. is a gun guy, he talked about effectiveness instead of destructiveness, and pointed out mis-identificaiton of AKs and highlighted a classic German weapon.

I've noticed on several occasions that you've rather strongly expressed negative opinions on the 5.56. I hear the same from a lot of other military people too. So what do you think should be the primary military round? Also, what do you think of the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC?

I would suggest the INFANTRY soldiers get 7.62 nato. We already hump a lot of weight. Reduce the weight of the shitty gear and have more room for ammo.

Or, allow infantrymen to used blended metal technology and say to hell with the nato bullshit. You could probably keep the 5.56 with those rounds.