There's a new, indoor range opening September 1, 5 MILES from me!!! And what makes this so cool is I'll be able to shoot anything I have there. 7.62, Saiga-12, all of it! No more long trips to the weeds to shed lead!

This is a new location of Quick Shot out of Atlanta.

They'll have FA for rent so most likely there'll be no "No Fast Shooting". 027.gif

I'm like a 12 year old girl with a new cell phone over here....all atwitter.

• Like 4

Nice! I used to live about an hour from Charleston (in Myrtle Beach).

Any idea on rates for the range? I literally lived about 2 minutes away from one of the indoor ranges in MB and still only went once, just because they charged so much. So we would instead drive an hour to Francis Marion National forest to shoot for the day.

As for the rates, I don't know. I called the local number but it rang through to Atlanta and the guy said the rates would be less here than they are there. But even at $425 per year which are the Atlanta rates it's still worth it to me to be able to shoot everything I have a 10 minute drive away.

Oh and yes Tim, new ranges are a good thing but a new range that will allow me to run my S-12s is a friggin awesome thing.

Edited by Squishy

I always wanted to open an indoor/outdoor range........ thought it might be a good money maker but I live in the country so anyone that wants to shoot can just go out in their yard so I'd have to find the right location for it...but there are a lot of diffrent things you can do to make money on one like competitions and theme shoots besides renting and selling guns.

Edited by pony_express1973

There's a new, indoor range opening September 1, 5 MILES from me!!! And what makes this so cool is I'll be able to shoot anything I have there. 7.62, Saiga-12, all of it! No more long trips to the weeds to shed lead!

This is a new location of Quick Shot out of Atlanta.

They'll have FA for rent so most likely there'll be no "No Fast Shooting". 027.gif

I'm like a 12 year old girl with a new cell phone over here....all atwitter.

Sweet never knew about that place

Hopefully when you say Atlanta you mean actually IN or near Atlanta not like 1 hour from lol

And it just keeps getting better, today the State of South Carolina (SLED) almost 90 days to the day made an honest man of me...

post-41803-0-51530500-1345137776.gifpost-41803-0-51530500-1345137776.gifpost-41803-0-51530500-1345137776.gif

Did your CWP come in? Congrats!

I must have caught them at a good time. Mine took about 60 days.

Yeah, I was starting to wonder...I emailed the guy who did the class yesterday and he said the state told him to tell his students not to call them until 100 days had passed. I should have had it years ago but I could never commit to sitting still for 8 hours on a Saturday, anyway, it's done now.

Hopefully when you say Atlanta you mean actually IN or near Atlanta not like 1 hour from lol

Quickshot

1199 Zonolite Rd.

Atlanta, Georgia 30306

Call (404) 963-1962

Fax (404) 963-1882

Email Us : info@quickshotshootingrange.com

ya I looked at it right after was just being silly, since everyone says located near atlanta in GA, and they are really in Macon just about

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the place today and the owner was inside painting. He unlocked the door and let me in, gave a tour of the place and we shot the breeze for a while. It won't be the biggest place you've ever seen but still, less than 10 minutes away, long guns, mag dumps A-OK.....and the rates will be substantially less than the Atlanta location rates. And his eyes lit up when I told him I have a couple of S-12s.

Gonna be shed'in some lead on Saturday, oh yeah...

post-41803-0-54869100-1346269046_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Stopped by the place today and the owner was inside painting. He unlocked the door and let me in, gave a tour of the place and we shot the breeze for a while. It won't be the biggest place you've ever seen but still, less than 10 minutes away, long guns, mag dumps A-OK.....and the rates will be substantially less than the Atlanta location rates. And his eyes lit up when I told him I have a couple of S-12s.

Gonna be shed'in some lead on Saturday, oh yeah...

post-41803-0-54869100-1346269046_thumb.jpg

Looks good!

I remember going to one of the local indoor ranges where I lived in SC. I paid for me, my girlfriend and a friend, and about shit when I saw the bill at the end. They even charge you extra money, if you bring your own ammo, for "lead cleanup". What a crock. They're going to be cleaning up the same amount of lead, regardless of where it comes from.

Glad to see a range with sane pricing.

NICE!! Wish we had an indoor range... you'd think an arctic climate town full of gun nuts would have one, but nooooooo. We have to brave -20f temps to have our fun all year long. Not a bad membership... the range I go to only allows direct family members on my card to get in... no friends or anything like that,

Hmmm.... maybe I just found a retirement opportunity!

Well actually I've had the same thought because finding either a building to rent, or even putting one up isn't a huge deal. And there isn't a lot of equipment that is needed. The company I used to work for had so called "pole barns" constructed with concrete floors, 50' x 100' for roughly $35k each. They built three end to end so this is a 50' wide, 300' long building and since they were built as warehouses the roofs were high, for something like an indoor range that height could be cut in half and that would have to bring the price way down. I imagine the back stop might be a pricey part but I'm not sure as I don't know how they are built. But a 100 yard indoor range would be the bee's knees.

I think it would be a damn good business to get into in the right location.

Anyway, yeah, I used to envy people who talked about having jam up ranges close by so this time, I have the good luck.

I remember going to one of the local indoor ranges where I lived in SC. I paid for me, my girlfriend and a friend, and about shit when I saw the bill at the end. They even charge you extra money, if you bring your own ammo, for "lead cleanup". What a crock. They're going to be cleaning up the same amount of lead, regardless of where it comes from.

I always thought they would just take that lead and recycle it, take any left behind brass and sell it to a distributor or scrap yard. Sounds like this place just loves stealing money, id be pissedanger.gif

I always thought they would just take that lead and recycle it, take any left behind brass and sell it to a distributor or scrap yard. Sounds like this place just loves stealing money, id be pissedanger.gif

If I could have only brought steel cased ammo, I would have. Just to shaft them on the brass. But of course, they didn't allow steel cased (which seems pretty common for indoor ranges).

After about 2 trips there, we smartened up and started going to the free, outdoor, unsupervised range at a national park about an hour away. Since it was an hour away, we'd make a whole day of it when we went. Much better than dishing out mega bucks for an hour at the indoor range, with some pimply faced kid standing behind you, breathing down your neck.

• Like 2

For the benefit of anyone local to Charleston it's "Slugs Only" for shotguns at Quickshot. I snagged some Rio Royal Star shells for this as I didn't want to shoot the good stuff at paper. They're $5.95 for 10 rounds at Ammotogo.com. I've looked all around and I'm not seeing a better price for slugs so if you know of one let me know. I understand not wanting bird shot etc. at the range but it seems 00 buck should be ok. It's an issue with the backstop the guy told me, 00 is 8.38mm in diameter but I don't know how backstops are made so I can't say for sure why big buck won't work.