This is begining to really piss me off

Because of our current economy and the upcoming elections we have all seen the rise in ammo prices. Now in some places its really bad but luckily for me my area is not so bad. Slight increase in prices but nothing has run out , still plenty of every caliber. The upside to all this (as a buyer) is the large influx of used guns that I've been seing at my LGS. Lots of stuff I couldnt find or would rather not spend the money on are now here and all at once!

A few examples

Just bought a S&W M13 for $290 and put a pristine Yugo M48 Mauser on layaway for $199 when out pops a CZ82 for $150, a Winchester 1895 12G shotgun for $150 (re barreled at one point probably for LEO use but still....$150). Glocks are coming in at or under $350, Yesterday I spotted a Moisin Dragoon for $149 with a very clean barrel and a Walther P99AS for under $400 (been wanting one forever). Ive passed on a few 10/22s for $100 and a TGI AMD65 for $349.

This is driving me nuts! Before these were to expansive, unattainable or I didnt want it at their current price even if it was fair. Now its all cheaper but all at once. Im afraid if I buy one today something else will come in tomorrow! Like now, Im contemplating on how to grab that Dragoon and the Walther. But I have no X54 ammo so maybe just the Dragoon, but a CZ82 would be real nice for under $200...AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Try to see if they will work out some more layaway deals with you... give you MORE time to buy MULTIPLE purchases... everyone wins... just may take a little longer... I suppose that all depends on how TIGHT you are in with the owner/manager...

GOOD LUCK!!!

:smoke:

We're not buddies but tight enough where im aloud to step behind the counter and pick up a rifle to look at if the salesmen are busy. And if its slow i can go back to where all the trades are from that day and take dibs if i see something i like

• Like 1

So Arik what did you buy?

Well i ended up with the Moisin. Traded a 10/22 for it. I have 2the of those.

Its a 1925 Izzy refurb Dragoon on what im told is probably an even older receiver but i gotta look on the bottom of the tang to verify. Wood is in great shape for its age (post war refurb). The barrel is frosted but not dark and has sharp rifling. I ran a few patches down the barrel and they came out black. Didnt gave a lot of time yesterday so i left it at that. Overall condition is pretty good for an almost 90 (possibly older) year old rifle.

Still debating on the Walther P99.

As i was picking up the rifle another guy came in to put his collection on consignment. I saw some hunting rifles a Springfield 03, Norinco 5.56 underfolder, Webly revolver, makarov, what looked to be like a Polish Radom P35 9mm, MN91/30 sniper with a garbage barrel and some other stuff i couldnt tell...maybe a HiPower, a few other handguns and a stainless mini14.

Ill stop in today to see them but i can almost guarantee some of that has been sold already

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

Spam can of x54 from SGammo would take care of that...

I really wish we could order cans online here. They absolutely gouge us on prices for cans here. X54 spam cans for $200.... Thats like $0.50 a round. Much more than I wanna pay for corrosive surplus

ammuniton to go had some 880 romanian(?) for like 144 today i think

as far as teh cz,s go, i was scopin the 82 on robertson trading post outta tennesse for like 230, in 32 acp. that caliber in that heavy of a gun is kinda silly, so i might settle for 9x18. i wanted the 15+1 capacity, but alas, they are sold out...

i vote for the cz!!