Just skimming and I don't see a introduce yourself thread so I guess the mods can move it where it goes. Anyway been lurking as a guest for a while now. I was a member for just a minute a while back but, guess I got deleted due to lack of useage.

Well, I have a Saiga .223 in a 16 inch. Did the conversion myself using a tutorial found here I believe. I used the Dinzag flat bullet guide and a Tapco G2 FCG. A Tapco pistol grip and a Tapco folding stock "friend gave it too me," it actually gives a pretty good cheek weld. I have been thinking of using a Bulgy AK 74 GB and FSB and completely converting it but may just take a pipe cutter and remove some of the FSB and thread it for a brake/flash suppressor. I use a few Weiger mags, bought about 6 Galil steel mags from APEX and one Chinese .223 mag. The Chinese is the only one that gives me trouble "I had to bend the left lip up some to get the bolt to enguage the cartridge." I would have went with all Galil but didn't know they would drop right in w/o mod. with the bullet guide.

I own a variety of AK-47's and this is my only .223 AK. It seems very accurate for an AK by the way. Not quite as accurate as my AR's but damn close. If I can see it, I can get real damn close if not hit it "is what I say." Its one of my favs out of all my AK's. I walk my 300 acres with it every morning and have gotten a coyote with it at over 100 yards.

Other than collecting firearms I am a Registered Nurse but about to retire and do something else "hate it." I live in Alabama born and raised. And, I am glad to be hanging on the Saiga Forum. I am here to learn and help where I can.

Thanks,

jdub

you can upload them to another site and then when you are posting the bar above the text has a square with a scene, enter the URL from that site (hit properties on the pic and copy that URL) and boom

or go to gallary and then add photos, it's pretty straight forward once you get in the right section

Under the lower right corner of the reply box there is a button labeled "More Reply Options", click on it.

In the window that comes up you will see in the lower left corner "Attach Files", click on the "Choose Files..." button. A window will come up showing your "C:" drive.

Navigate to the folder containing the photos you wish to upload, single click on the file so the file name appears in the thin horizontal space with "File Name" in front of it.

Click the "Open" button and the file will upload. To add it to the text field click on "Add to Post" on the blue bar to the right, opposite the file name and thumbnail of the image. The image is then added to the text field along with the appropriate code.

Preview the post and check spacing etc. and when it's to your satisfaction click on the black "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the page.

If you have more questions, ask.

Oh my, this is my 500th post.... post-41803-0-61244400-1346291502.gif

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 1

Under the lower right corner of the reply box there is a button labeled "More Reply Options", click on it.

In the window that comes up you will see in the lower left corner "Attach Files", click on the "Choose Files..." button. A window will come up showing your "C:" drive.

Navigate to the folder containing the photos you wish to upload, single click on the file so the file name appears in the thin horizontal space with "File Name" in front of it.

Click the "Open" button and the file will upload. To add it to the text field click on "Add to Post" on the blue bar to the right, opposite the file name and thumbnail of the image. The image is then added to the text field along with the appropriate code.

Preview the post and check spacing etc. and when it's to your satisfaction click on the black "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the page.

If you have more questions, ask.

Oh my, this is my 500th post.... post-41803-0-61244400-1346291502.gif

oh ya, that, that works also lol derp, I derped

A bitch is a descriptive word for a female cow, or was it a cat? Meh whatever. Its no way classified in the same category!

I didn't really care to begin with was just curious of the rules and then realized it was a stupid ass dickface thing when I made a post (is that suffice?)

as someone said just send a pm to a mod, and also notice how after 1/2 of the first page I didn't say anything? *shrugs*

it is what it is

so new guy if you have a question, learn from my mistake, if it might cause drama, ask a mod in PM ;)

This has to be the strangest welcome I have read yet. But anyway, welcome jdub23! Don't be a stranger. There is a lot of good information, a great bunch of people.....and a few strange ones here. Enjoy!