Saiga-12 vs Remington 870.....VIDEO!

Was that a direct comparison of the 870 and then the S-12 in the same session,

or were those videos hand picked from several sessions to point out that they both can fail?

If those were just average mag dumps, I'd be concerned about the function on both of those, especially the 870.

They obviously should not be jamming like that if they are to be reliable SD weapons.

Nice production quality on your videos I must say.

Was that a direct comparison of the 870 and then the S-12 in the same session,

or were those videos hand picked from several sessions to point out that they both can fail?

If those were just average mag dumps, I'd be concerned about the function on both of those, especially the 870.

They obviously should not be jamming like that if they are to be reliable SD weapons.

Nice production quality on your videos I must say.

It was the same day and he shot his 870 first then my S12, that's why there wasn't a split between the 5rnd mag and 12/20rnd drums. I know my S12 still needs a little work. One thing is that last shell when shooting the 20rnd drum, it always seems to pop up too high and get pinched between the bolt and the top part of the chamber where the extractor slot is. Can't think of the correct term ..having a little brain fart lol.

I think it's the barrel extension you're thinking of. Or was it barrel hood?

I've seen or heard about nearly every type of firearm have an issue at one time or another. Even seen a revolver freeze up from reloads (primers that popped out the back after firing). I think most of the time, when people experience problems with a pump, it's from short stroking it. On semis, it's often the mags or it not having enough of a solid foundation to cycle (limp wristing, bumpfiring, etc). Weak ammo and/or not enough gas ports can do it too.

Edited by Corbin

Love me some Saiga but I've never had that much trouble with a pump gun. Think your boy might need a bit more trigger time.

Yeah like I said though he was doing drills not five minutes before with no problems. I told him I would video him shooting both to comparison the to, no pressure lol. Then he messed up because there was some pressure. When you get into some shit where you'll need to pull out your shotgun there will be some pressure most likely. With that pressure comes malfunctions like short stroking the pump as he did. With more training he would do better though.

• Like 1

Good video, although it's unfair to blame the 870 for the "failure" since it was mostly operator error lol.

Thats the thing though....if all you have to worry about is pulling the trigger and reloading a mag/drum...thats a lot better then having to make sure you "fully stroke" the pump and then have to reload one round at a time. No matter who is reloading, its much faster to rock a mag/drum in and put a shell into battery then it is to load a tube and do the same. Not saying that pumps dont have a role to play because they do.

• Like 1

That guy with the pump was PATHETIC! Learn to shoot and know how to operate a shotgun before handing it to him and telling him to shoot as fast as he can. My GF can do better! Faster and without failure too. Heres some pics. She was also using a Remmy tactical which is alot rougher

model of the 870. The 870P is noticeably smoother and better built which is why I kept it and got rid of the tactical. The other pic is her shooting the Saiga 12. Guess which is faster? Yeah the Saiga no shit Sherlock but she can run a pump pretty well better than the guys Ive seen posting vids here lately on the pump.

Id suggest you Google a vid from a guy by the name of Hickok45 titled PUMP VS SEMI. Great vid! He talks about both the pros and cons and also shoots both as fast as he can. Not just as fast as he can downrange not even aiming at something but against multi targets. Its pretty good.

THAT guy knows what hes doing and how to shoot both well.

HICKOK 45 PUMP VS SEMI GOOGLE IT

untitled-3.jpg

untitled-4.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO

k

Ok I don't know what your upset about lol. What I intended this video to show is that under stress a pump can be problematic. Whereas a semi takes care of the action for you. Now I now this wasn't real "pressure" but the fact that he fucked up just cause I told him this would go on YouTube shows that a person that isn't trained enough under a real stress environment could have a lot of problems the more things you add...as in the pump action. Because as you can see short stroking a pump does not work to well.

k

Ok I don't know what your upset about lol. What I intended this video to show is that under stress a pump can be problematic. Whereas a semi takes care of the action for you. Now I now this wasn't real "pressure" but the fact that he fucked up just cause I told him this would go on YouTube shows that a person that isn't trained enough under a real stress environment could have a lot of problems the more things you add...as in the pump action. Because as you can see short stroking a pump does not work to well.

Fair enough brother