the things you find that you forgot you had

so I was going through my box of military papers looking for something particular, when I came across this I forgot I had. a wanted poster of RED ARMY FACTION terrorists that I picked up on my first tour of Germany back in the mid-70s. 76 or 77.

wanted_poster.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

Very cool "cold-war" relics. Make sure you pass them along to someone who values them, when the time comes.

99.9% of them no longer exist.

FRG? Free Republic of Germany? Just guessing. I was born in 71.

I still have the 5' Soviet flag that had been on display in my high school history class (it seemed like a good idea to borrow it, at the time).

Lol, I just looked at your sig. I was born in Akron and lived in Green Township most of my school years.

Edited by Sim_Player

Eventually, you'll have so much stuff, you will find things that you don't ever recall having in the first place.

Tony

yeah, :D I came upon some of those as well. scratched my head trying to figure out where and when I got it

bet that might have some value

looks to be in good condition also

maybe 4 or 5 bucks, but nothing like the John Wilkes booth wanted poster. only real value it has, for me anyway, is I was stationed there during that period of history.

the reason it looks so good is I had it folded and in a large Field Manual

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I don't get many walk-in customers where I'm at, but occasionally someone will stop by. I have had a few guys look around at all the crap, pull something out of a bin, and say "what do you want for this?"

I have to move closer to see what the hell they grabbed......and I still don't know. Then I have to ask them, "fuck, I don't know...what the hell IS that?"

• Like 5

I'm always looking for shit I know I had. I still go looking for a range bag. I go on a rampage about once a month looking for it. I know it got here when we moved. I still think the ol' lady tossed it thinking it was the kids. Swears she did'nt. Had some good stuff in it. Mainly look to see if she will fess up.

• Like 1

I found an air gauge for a pinzgauer in my garage. Had no clue where it came from. It was gray paint with brass fittings. Had both sae and metric measures inside a leather pouch. Traded it to my dad for ammo. Must have been from the drinking days.

Always fun to find stuff you forgot you owned!

Really cool Czech boarder poster. If you want to sell it, I would be interested. My wife is Slovak so it would look good on our wall and mean something to US! :)

This thread had me thinking today about what the hell I had packed away so I dug some out. Sorry, they are all cell phone pics so the quality isn't that great.

This is an actual Soviet Paratrooper patch from Afghanistan. This one has a story behind it. We are all out exploring around Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan which has tons of old buildings, tanks, aircraft, not to mention live minefields from the Soviet Invasion. There were many ruins and foundations of old buildings and you could find old Soviet Military gear laying around to this day. This patch was found at what appeared to be a doorway outside a foundation of a pre-existant building. Thing is, it was found in a pile of decomposing Soviet uniforms including buttons, belt buckles, helmets, and titanium plates from Soviet body armor which consisted of many of these plates in a canvas vest full of little pockets to hold them, as well as a large number of old syringes. (I just reminded myself to look for the damn plates I have now). Some of the plates had bullet holes clean though them. Anyway my buddy and teammate is a HUGE Soviet Military buff and started doing some research on that area and it turns out that was a Soviet Combat Hospital and all the stuff we were finding was what they cut off the victims and threw out the back door. This guy was actually in contact with Soviet Military Veterans who were there and described lots of these locations in detail. Anyway, here it is.

IMG_20120921_085558_zps6784660e.jpg

These are supposedly Soviet Military Pay Vouchers I got in Afghanistan.

IMG_20120921_090210_zps06ada840.jpg

Anyone ever see the deck of cards issued to Coalition Troops prior to the 03 Iraq Invasion? Here you go.

IMG_20120921_085114_zpsbe586090.jpg

IMG_20120921_085215_zps062de5c1.jpgIMG_20120921_085310_zps06c77f8a.jpg

• Like 3