New Fore end?

That is Toothandnails concept,looks like he will have them for sale the end of October in a small run. Search YouTube for Mka forend. This guy is awesome!!!!!!

Hey guys new MKA owner here. I stumbled across this on youtube. Anyone know anything about it? Looking to get rid of the flimsy stock plastic one. Trying to find some options. Any info would be great.

Full length top rail...

side charging handle coming mid october

slim and aesthetically pleasing...

all we need is a price quote and you got me 100%

I already preordered the FireBird handguards from centerfire but its been over a month late now so I might just cancel my payment and buy this one. Seems promising

Here is the FireBird one. Toothandnails looks much slimmer

MKA-HDG-D.jpg

It looks like he started wit tubing squished in a press-brake. Easy to do, but if so, it would have some stress fractures to start with.

I thought the firebird one looked really good, but all of the rail systems are too thick for my taste on any gun I have tried that came with a quad or a tripple.

It looks like he started wit tubing squished in a press-brake. Easy to do, but if so, it would have some stress fractures to start with.

Good try , but no !

Not even close.

custom extrusion? Milled from a block of solid money?

Having paid for custom extrusion dies, and the 1000lb minimum order of material....

I dont think its a special extrusion, more like one thats commercially available.

The machine shown is incapable of deep boring, machining the interior so its not made from bar stock.

Dont know how the end cap is done, it could be welded, pressed, or present in the material used who knows.

The slots are a direct knock-off of Firebird, I might assume the side charging system referred to will be as well.

All that is well and good for an individual's use, but as a commercial venture, please do not copy Firebird's proprietary technology.

Jim

Wow, never thought I would get this much response. I will keep this in mind hope everything turns out as good as it looks already. Mainly wanted more info cause I was looking at my options.

Having paid for custom extrusion dies, and the 1000lb minimum order of material....

The slots are a direct knock-off of Firebird, I might assume the side charging system referred to will be as well.

All that is well and good for an individual's use, but as a commercial venture, please do not copy Firebird's proprietary technology.

Jim

Haven't been on the shotgun side of firearms very long but know a little about AR-15's. No offense man but an angled slot or a forward charging handle aren't exactly new technology. Think about AR forends. How many companys use the exact same round holes, or slots? So does this mean Firebird is a direct knock-off of choate? They offer a forend with angled slot. As far as the forward charging handle goes look at every bull pup rifle out there. Look at the FN SCAR. I thought about ordering from you but I have a buddy that ordered one 2 months ago and still hasn't received it. Personally I don't want to wait a month for something I bought. To be quite honest and I could be wrong, it sounds as if you are mad cause someone else took initiative and is trying to bring this platform up to the aftermarket potential it has. As a consumer I prefer a oligopoly to a monopoly, and it will be that way until some of the larger aftermarket companies begin to see the potential of this platform.

Wow, never thought I would get this much response. I will keep this in mind hope everything turns out as good as it looks already. Mainly wanted more info cause I was looking at my options.

Jim

Haven't been on the shotgun side of firearms very long but know a little about AR-15's. No offense man but an angled slot or a forward charging handle aren't exactly new technology. Think about AR forends. How many companys use the exact same round holes, or slots? So does this mean Firebird is a direct knock-off of choate? They offer a forend with angled slot. As far as the forward charging handle goes look at every bull pup rifle out there. Look at the FN SCAR. I thought about ordering from you but I have a buddy that ordered one 2 months ago and still hasn't received it. Personally I don't want to wait a month for something I bought. To be quite honest and I could be wrong, it sounds as if you are mad cause someone else took initiative and is trying to bring this platform up to the aftermarket potential it has. As a consumer I prefer a oligopoly to a monopoly, and it will be that way until some of the larger aftermarket companies begin to see the potential of this platform.

I was thinking along the same lines but Jim and FireBird have been absolute wonderful to work with (same as RAAC). I hope this doesnt turn into what I think its going to be.

I have bought parts from Tromix, Firebird, and Atomic City Tactical to sort of support all the companies that took the dive on this platform.

No drama guys.

The only aspect I would have to defend is the side charging system.

I am happy to see new stuff for this gun, and happy to see new companies being created.

I was just looking at the handguard proposed by an other company here, and it looks quite nice!

Hope he gets his 500 orders and goes to production.

Jim

• Like 2