What Folding Mechanism is this? Can this be purchased?

Yes, it was from a gallery on this website.

Presuming it locks up tight, that is the best folder I have ever seen. In that I desire a buffer tube receiver without the overhead of a huge protruding external piece to accomodate the folding parts like most of the offerings out there.

Anyone know if this is available as a retrofit part?

Papa posted a bunch of pics of this an the folding stock adapters available to him, I suppose in Russia.... Here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/80857-recoil-control-accessories/#entry809533

Vepr12_VPO205-00_101010_028.jpg

Vepr12_VPO205-00_101010_029.jpg

Some pics of RPK folding set

rpk_polymer_stock1.jpg

rpk_polymer_stock3.jpg

Scan38.jpg

rpktrun2.jpg

rpktrun.jpg

My god. Please send me one of those, I will hack it up to hold a buffer tube adapter almost flush like Papa's.

I have always been astonished at the lack of ingenuity of folding stock adapters here in the states. They all protrude, even the ones you have to cut off the tang on.

The problem we have with folding stocks is the trunnion. Its because we have to add to the trunnion rather than the trunnion itself being an integral part of the folding mech itself like the factory Vepr or Ak100 series. No cost effective way on the market to swap to a different trunnion with integral folder.