This is my MKA 1919

First it’s still a work in progress and I want to thank everyone for their help.

Here the list of gun parts:

• Tromix piston
  • Tromix bushing
  • Tromix low recoil spring
  • Tromix AR-15 grip adaptor
  • Salem 6 folding stock adaptor
  • Ace Folding stock Mec. w/ integrated AR-15 stock SKU: A504
  • Commercial Buffer tube
  • Buffer tube nut
  • Magpul CTR stock OD Green
  • Magpul MAID AR-Grip OD Green
  • 4 10 Round mags
  • 2 5 round mags + 2 stock one's
  • 3 mag hunting spacers
  • custom charging handle (nothing pretty but works)

6AADB607-EC3D-47FD-9492-3C037540BD41-333-000000F2F8DC573B.jpg

1EB5B167-3126-45FE-9625-6F6740F64275-333-000000F2F52EC8E8.jpg

F6DAD20D-B870-45F2-9966-84CBBA4BCDF6-333-000000F2FBA85785.jpg

So something I ran into on problems on the install.

On the AR grip adaptor the screw that I bought from CSS is to long and the screw that comes with the Magpul MAID grip is as well. So you have to cut about a 1/4 off for you to snug up the grip. With that being said think it should come with one or simple say in the instruction (if there was any) that you will need to cut a 1/4 off just a thought. Its not a pain for me because I have the tools and I know its a DIY.

Salem 6 folding stock adaptor, so when you cut the stock of and clean it up and put the adaptor on. Everything is good but you have 4in bolt well that’s not going to work so. I have to go to the hardware store and the first one didn't have metric but lucky the next one did. For 65 bucks I would think you can supply a $1.80 bolt or put on the install sheet that you will need a this bolt to complete the install.

All in all loving the products above and I bet there are valid reasons why or why not info/parts are not supplied. Just trying to help

Parts/projects on the to do list are

• stipple grip like my 5.56
  • limb saver nitro (its in the mail)
  • forearm
  • mid barrel comp
  • poly choke
  • custom battle arms selector (hoping it works out to share with you) if not it will go into my 5.56
  • bad lever or making one
  • AR-15 Trigger group (going to take out my 5.56 and see what it looks like)

Took it to the range without the low recoil spring in and it would not cycle 1oz shoot but I forgot the spring at the house so next time. I had some heaver load and I can't wait for my limb save haha. All in all love the gun and love the support here and the companies that are making and selling parts keep up the great work guys.

Chris

Thanks to CCS, Tromix, Salem 6, and forum.saiga-12.com

• Like 1

Well that looks worlds better than the factory setup already. I do want one of these, but its more on the back burner for me at the moment. I like yours so far. Looks much cleaner. My biggest gripe is the handguard mixed with the factory buttstock. I know it feels better than it looks though. And with the factory buttstock I think I'd have to opt for something along the lines as you did. Well executed.

First it’s still a work in progress and I want to thank everyone for their help.

• Tromix piston
  • Tromix bushing
  • Commercial Buffer tube
  • Buffer tube nut
  • 4 10 Round mags
  • 3 mag hunting spacers
  • custom charging handle (nothing pretty but works)

6AADB607-EC3D-47FD-9492-3C037540BD41-333-000000F2F8DC573B.jpg

1EB5B167-3126-45FE-9625-6F6740F64275-333-000000F2F52EC8E8.jpg

F6DAD20D-B870-45F2-9966-84CBBA4BCDF6-333-000000F2FBA85785.jpg

So something I ran into on problems on the install.

On the AR grip adaptor the screw that I bought from CSS is to long and the screw that comes with the Magpul MAID grip is as well. So you have to cut about a 1/4 off for you to snug up the grip. With that being said think it should come with one or simple say in the instruction (if there was any) that you will need to cut a 1/4 off just a thought. Its not a pain for me because I have the tools and I know its a DIY.

Salem 6 folding stock adaptor, so when you cut the stock of and clean it up and put the adaptor on. Everything is good but you have 4in bolt well that’s not going to work so. I have to go to the hardware store and the first one didn't have metric but lucky the next one did. For 65 bucks I would think you can supply a $1.80 bolt or put on the install sheet that you will need a this bolt to complete the install.

All in all loving the products above and I bet there are valid reasons why or why not info/parts are not supplied. Just trying to help

Parts/projects on the to do list are

• stipple grip like my 5.56
  • limb saver nitro (its in the mail)
  • forearm
  • mid barrel comp
  • poly choke
  • custom battle arms selector (hoping it works out to share with you) if not it will go into my 5.56
  • bad lever or making one
  • AR-15 Trigger group (going to take out my 5.56 and see what it looks like)

Took it to the range without the low recoil spring in and it would not cycle 1oz shoot but I forgot the spring at the house so next time. I had some heaver load and I can't wait for my limb save haha. All in all love the gun and love the support here and the companies that are making and selling parts keep up the great work guys.

Chris

Thanks to CCS, Tromix, Salem 6, and forum.saiga-12.com

You can use a standard BAD lever, but you have to bend it a little in two places.

Jim

Very nice project! I'm going to have to post up some pics of mine.

Thank you, it would be nice to see more of different style/taste.

Well that looks worlds better than the factory setup already. I do want one of these, but its more on the back burner for me at the moment. I like yours so far. Looks much cleaner. My biggest gripe is the handguard mixed with the factory buttstock. I know it feels better than it looks though. And with the factory buttstock I think I'd have to opt for something along the lines as you did. Well executed.

Yeah i would say its a ugly stick in stock form haha. I have only had it for a month and could not take it anymore. Thanks man, looking forward to making it even less stock looking.

You can use a standard BAD lever, but you have to bend it a little in two places.

Jim

Thanks for the heads up Jim, thats prob what i will do. The great thing is i have a AR with parts already to try fitment out on the mka. I really want to order a Battle comp safety lever and try that. I like to shoot left and right handed.

Edited by pickpocket
  • 2 months later...

F5542813-65B3-4F9C-BAD1-22B5667A9E19-205

33C7DDE4-CECA-4555-A54F-58EF3CBFA020-205

5AF23B0E-724D-4704-8CE6-CAC19D10D7A8-205

• Tromix piston
  • Tromix bushing
  • Commercial Buffer tube
  • Buffer tube nut
  • Magpul rear sight OD Green
  • Tooth and Nail Level 10 Forend Side charging handle w/ 2x2.125 sides and 1x6in on bottom picatinny rails OD Green
  • Tooth and Nail Drive block
  • Firebird front sight post
  • Firebird ext-mag release
  • 4 10 Round mags
  • 3 mag hunting spacers
  • custom charging handle (nothing pretty, but works

IN red new parts

Love the new forend by Tooth and Nail and great ppl to do business with. Will be putting a order in for the right side charging handle soon.

thanks again guys

PP

pickpocket Thanks for posting what my gun will look like in the furture

haha great taste then

How is the recoil management on the CTR stock? Still planning on the limbsaver nitro?

well i am still breaking it in but the recoil is a little taxing. yes i am installing a limb saver i have it but i got the thickest one and i think its a little to thick

• 1 month later...
Just ordering mine in the UK with the T&N level 10 forend, hope to be the only one in the UK. As soon as I get it I will post some pics.

Do they allow semi auto magazine fed shotguns in the UK?

You know, I lived there 8 years you would think I'd know this answer.

Just ordering mine in the UK with the T&N level 10 forend, hope to be the only one in the UK. As soon as I get it I will post some pics.

Do they allow semi auto magazine fed shotguns in the UK?

HI all, first post but I have been lurking a long time. Yes semi auto magazine fed shotguns are legal here in the UK. I have had amy MKA since December and I'm not alone. I did have a SPAS 15 a while ago as well. The only restriction is the minimum barrel length is 24" and the minimum overall lenght of 48" so no folding stocks.

Brookers

Yes we can have mag fed but only as Bookers outlined. There are a couple of Saiga 12 and a Vepr 12 that shoot at my PSG club. Just ordering mine today from Ron at Cactus, plus having a few mods done to it before its delivered:

You'll love the Level 10. I got mine installed about a week ago and just love it!