Are all 2012 guns 3 port ?

I've been looking around for my first S12. I Checked out a couple of 2012 guns today.

I popped out the gas plug and put a makeshift mirror inside the gas block to check if the ports were blocked.

Both appeared to have 3 ports, located in a triangle pattern.

I could clearly see two ports and the slope of the vent on the third on both guns. I couldn't really tell 100% if all three holes were clear

I couldn't really get the mirror into position to see all three from an optimal viewing angle.

These are both new guns, so I couldn't really remove the gas block.

If there is a 4th hole, it is definitely blocked.

I have seen posts indicating there are 2, 3 and 4 hole guns, with a mention of 2011/2012 guns being a little better than guns built in the past.

Both of these were imported by RWC Group if that makes any difference.

Reading through old posts and digging out as much info as I can, but I haven't seen a definitive answer on the above.

TIA

AH

Edited by ammohawg

I bought mine in April of 2012. It has 3 ports. I do not know what year it was built. I too looked at one my buddy's gun that he just bought last week and it also has 3 ports in a triangular configuration. I had no problem firing the cheap federal rounds until I changed the stock. Now if I use the cheap stuff the last round stove pipes. I am curious to see if my gun should have 4 ports or if it is supposed to have 3. How do I tell what year it was built?

My 2012 is the same as above. There was no way I could see my fourth hole and thought it was a three holer. I have a set of cheapo picks from harbor freight and used the one that pretty much hooks back to go digging while cleaning the gas system and found the fourth. As other's, mine is right against the gas block.

Great.

I will assume the 2012 guns I looked at are 4 port too, and both have at least one blocked port

I'm going to look at the local show this weekend and see if I can talk my way into checking out one or two more.

If I can, and they appear the same, I will just bite the bullet and pick one up with the intent to pull the gas block and proceed as necessary