I have those. They are tricky to pop the cubes out of without breaking the rim. Also because they are cast horozontally each cube is like a vertical slice of a cartridge. There is always a big flat.

I have those. They are tricky to pop the cubes out of without breaking the rim. Also because they are cast horozontally each cube is like a vertical slice of a cartridge. There is always a big flat.

Spray it with PAM or wipe it with Veg. oil before filling.

Haha I got one for my birthday this past october. They work awesome, especially if you're doing some "shots". Boil the water before you put it in the tray, and it will come out crystal clear.

• Like 1

Spray it with PAM or wipe it with Veg. oil before filling.

For ice cubes in your drinks that taste like PAM.-- no thanks

I just noticed, mine appear to be a different brand than the ones on think geek. It looks like the think geek ones are clamshell design and make full cartridges. dang. I got the wrong ones. I thought they would be fun, plus I have some skinny glasses that they would be cool in when I have people over. Instead I got ice cubes that take about a tray per drink and are very hard to fill without spilling. I don't use ice very often, so I didn't mind having a silly novelty tray.

-- JMZZL, finally a .gif avatar I can appreciate!

In a popular science issue i got a few years ago, they had a small article on how to make ice cubes that sink.Something about using "heavy water", its "plain" old H2o but a more dense form or something to that effect. They went into it's "normal" use as what is normally used to cool nuclear reactors or something...but it's safe to drink...hmmm...