After more than a year reading this forum, learning, listening - I bought a new converted Saiga 12 on the 9th of December for $880 out the door.

When I walked into my local gun shop, I knew more about the Saiga 12, mods, and parts than the 25+ year employee. Not only did I know exactly what I wanted, I knew how to inspect the workmanship on the conversion.

I was also able to easily place orders with both CSS and Saiga-12.com to get the right pieces to complete my desired build. (I'll post some pics once all the parts arrive and are installed.)

None of this would have been possible without all the the expert knowledge in this community. While we've never met, I thank each one of you for your help in my project.

Best,

GM

• Like 15
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a 'Newbie' too and want to DITTO the "THANKS!" to all the members of the forum. I've been a lurker and learned a lot. My FIME Saiga-12 is a champ. Took it apart, inspected, cleaned, lubed, etc as per directions on the forum. I was only able to cycle it by hand about 500 times before I started growing hair on my palms.... I have now put about 200 rounds through it so far. Eats the cheap Federal bulk #8 just fine, hip shoulder, etc. Hiccups every once in a while with the Winchester. If I have the gun tucked tight to my shoulder I don't have any problems whatsoever with any of the cheap Wally World stuff. More reports as I get it broken in and "tricked out." THANKS TO ALL!!! and yes, I have written my Senators and Representative.

• Like 2

Welcome and yes it is amazing how little someone really has to know to be an expert at the local gun store! After reading up on here when I was still looking, the local expert did not even know what I was talking about when I compared converted and unconverted Saiga 12s. He also had never heard of 922R compliance and had no idea what magazines were available.

Yeah, this definitely is a quality forum.

At first I only made an account to sell my saiga because I had buyer's remorse earlier last year. Then I made another ad around November trying to sell again because I'm going to back to grad school instead of the military, but still, no offers.

That being said, recently I started digging around the forums, looking at the wealth of knowledge, and fell in love with the gun again. From gunsmithing to reloading, this forum is an engineer's wet dream.

Thanks Saiga-12.com!