I got a notice from SG that 9mm was in stock so I ordered 20 boxes. After a couple of days I went back to check my status. It said 18 boxes were scheduled to ship last week and 2 boxes scheduled to ship in July.

So instead of asking me if I wanted the 18 that were in stock when I ordered, they sold those 18 to somebody else and moved my whole order to July.

I cancelled the order.

I have had MIXED luck with SG... years ago I was offered FREE SHIPPING when I joined the buyers club... so I did.. and added on about 200 pounds of ammo... and it was FREE SHIPPING... mind you... this was back in the days of TEN CENTS A ROUND for X39...and a dollar ish a round for .50 BMG... Since then I had issues with magazines... I was able to PAY FOR and have SHIPPED TO PENN surplus mags... till the day before they were scheduled to ship... after a 3 month or 4 month WAIT.... I had my dad call, from penn, and get MY order changed to HIS ORDER and the mags were bought and delivered to him after all!!! YAY!!!! 2 dollars each for 30 round preban AK magazines! even had 3 BOSNIAN mags in the batch, and a bunch of Chinese LRBHO mags, too!!! WOOWOO!!! 032.gif I was pissed, sure... but they made good for me so I cant REALLY bitch too much... LOL laugh.png

000.gif

I got a notice from SG that 9mm was in stock so I ordered 20 boxes. After a couple of days I went back to check my status. It said 18 boxes were scheduled to ship last week and 2 boxes scheduled to ship in July.

So instead of asking me if I wanted the 18 that were in stock when I ordered, they sold those 18 to somebody else and moved my whole order to July.

I cancelled the order.

Hummm... I have about 4 back orders with them and whenever something comes in they ship it to me (doesn't matter if its part of a partial order). They do ask me every few weeks if I want to continue the back order.

Do you try to call CS about it?

Edited by Maxwelhse

I just got an e-mail from SG stating my ammo order (ordered on 1-5),that was scheduled for 2/15 arrival, will now be moved back to the end of March.

I cancelled, and, removed them from my bookmarks.

I have no need for this shit. I have to be here to receive ammo orders.

Lots of two legged jackals just waiting for an opportunity to walk off with packages left on the front step.anger.gif

Edited by John U.

Only made one order with SG, and it was at the end of december for 1k of WPA 7.62 SP. I got it in 8 days, paid around 20 ish for shipping. I guess it is hit or miss, but I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt in times like this. However, if it happened multiple times, well that is a different story.

Keep cancelling those orders, this will move the ones waiting in line closer to the front of the line.

Yep and you'll get it in Feb, I mean March, oops I meant July.....oh did I say 2013?, I meant 2014

Good luck

Keep cancelling those orders, this will move the ones waiting in line closer to the front of the line.

Yep and you'll get it in Feb, I mean March, oops I meant July.....oh did I say 2013?, I meant 2014

Good luck

As long as the price is right, who cares when it comes as long as it does?

They have been slowly filling my backorders while other vendors have maintained "out of stock" status. I did cancel a backorder with them for 2500 rounds of .22 for $100. I thought the price was too high until I shopped around again looking for .22.... oops.

22 LR is starting to inch its way back down. I never thought I would see that round hard to find and expensive.

No kidding... I hadn't bought any in about 5 years, then I got a new 10/22 and wanted to restock... HOLY CRAP! Bad timing...

I cancelled the order.

Hummm... I have about 4 back orders with them and whenever something comes in they ship it to me (doesn't matter if its part of a partial order). They do ask me every few weeks if I want to continue the back order.

I emailed about the order and was told that they don't ship partial orders. So emailed back telling them to just cancel it.

Then today I got an email saying they can't cancel orders once they've been processed for shipping. Wait, what? So I checked my bank account and sure enough I've been charged. Then a couple hours later I got the shipping confirmation.

Clearly there is some confusion over there. But hey, my cheap 9mm is on it's way.

I cancelled the order.

I emailed about the order and was told that they don't ship partial orders. So emailed back telling them to just cancel it.

Then today I got an email saying they can't cancel orders once they've been processed for shipping. Wait, what? So I checked my bank account and sure enough I've been charged. Then a couple hours later I got the shipping confirmation.

Clearly there is some confusion over there. But hey, my cheap 9mm is on it's way.

I can tell you first hand that their first statement is a flat out not true. I have 2 orders right now that they've partially shipped. I even used free shipping promo codes and they partially shipped them.

No doubt they have their heads in their asses at the moment based on your experience. They're probably hyper busy like everyone else and hiring temps to try to fill the void. Glad to hear your ammo is on the way! That's the important part!

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently dealing with CS on an order placed about two weeks ago.

I ordered 250 rounds of Centurion 12 ga multi defense. They sent me 250 rounds of Noble Sport 12ga multi defense. The NS rounds are longer than the Centurion and do not feed right using the MD20 drum.

I contacted CS via email and a few days later they responded and said they would look into it and see what happened. I am still waiting for a 2nd response.

I will post the results (either way) after I have given them a chance to make it right. I understand their policy on not returning ammo and why. I also see their 100 % Satisfaction Guarentee posted.

FORDGUY

UPDATE:

After several emails with customer service, They offered me a $20 coupon to keep the ammo or a call tag to return it. I asked for and recieved the call tag and returned the ammo. My card was credited the correct amount and it took about 2 weeks once they recieved the ammo.

I still wont be doing any business with them after researching all of the problems others have had with them. I am lucky, my problem was fixed.

Fordguy

Edited by FORDGUY
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update. These bastards have bait and switched me on 3 orders of ammo. It will be here on this date, and then it's pushed back a couple more months. It's no wonder these guys get this rating http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sportsmans_Guide. I'm pissed off because I could have ordered ammo, and actually got it from other places which no longer have it in stock. I'm demanding they give me my membership money back, and if they don't im reporting them to the BBB.

• 4 weeks later...

I just keep getting notices from SG. 2 more today. 5.56mm and 22lr both pushed back again. "Expected" ship dates now in the fall.

SG is a major player so what's the deal with them not being able to get ammo within a reasonable period of when they say they will? In Dec I order ammo with a ship date of March. Pushed back to May. Pushed back to July. Now pushed back to Sep. What's going on...? I know the ammo makers are not making LESS ammo.