tell your story.

In short, I have seen chineese at airshows filming top aircrafts, I have seen them photograph the particle accelerators at IBM in the research division, I have seen them do the same in manufacturing. yellow labeled jobs... i cant believe i just now see it on CNN, of all places....

DO YOUR JOB YOU ASSHOLES!! WHOEVER YOU ARE!!! YOU ARE TEN YEARS TOO LATE YOU IDIOTS!!! (and thats who is in control and in power?)

(this is not an arguement thread. share your stories and say no more, please.... heh heh)

And you call them spies? Not tourists? (I'm assuming you can tell chinese from japanese... japanese tourists film everything, they're not spying, they're just fond of cameras.)

I mean ,what could china possibly learn from a photo of a plane? OR a particle accelerator? There's much more about these things in public domain knowledge.

Sure, yes, I've been to trade shows and seen lots of chinese taking pictures of things. (Japanese as well)... high tech things. Like computers, videogames, other consumer electronics. I talked to one of them once, and he said he was working for a competitor, and that he had to give reports on what the competition was doing.

I don't think he learned any trade secrets by filming a Sony Camcorder... certainly no US secrets. But I think this is how they keep up with what's going on in the world... they don't have walmarts to go buy everything from. :-)

local US companies do this as well... name any chinese or japanes consumer electronics product and they have a report on it, the inner workings, how much it cost them to make, etc. Probably know more about it than the people who made it.

I'm sure there's real spying going on... but I think it involves people buying documents or computer files... not taking pictures in public.

This is may sound semi-racist when really it's just ignorant. Is there a way to tell the difference between chinese, panese, vietnames, korean, taiwanese, laotian, etc? And does one asian ethnicity really do more picture taking than another? Is it somehow incorperated into their culture? or does the tourist gene saturate their gene pool?

do you seriously think that if they were trying to be sneeky they would be so blantent as to do it in public without trying to hide? ohh....that's part of the disguise, i get it. they wear mismatched clothing, have 3 cameras around their neck and smell funny as part of their clever disguise as tourists.

You can call off the dogs. It's not the ones who are taking a tour of IBM video taping the stuff that IBM lets you video tape who are the problem.

The ones you need to worry about are the female asian spies who are out on the roadway driving wrecklessly. they are trying to ruin our infrastructure by causing traffic accidents and traffic jams. :lolol:

Caspian

Maybe we should send some spies over to the Toyota and Honda manufacturing plants so that America can figure out how to make a reliable car. :eek:

Caspian

Consumer reports would disagree.

Spend some time talking to a mechanic and researching resale values (which is a good indicator of reliablity).

Also, I didn't notice Toyota, Honda, or Nissan selling cars at employee pricing or 0% during the big price wars this summer. There's a reason for that.

To each their own, but my past history and ownership has sealed the deal for me.

caspian

do you seriously think that if they were trying to be sneeky they would be so blantent as to do it in public without trying to hide? ohh....that's part of the disguise, i get it. they wear mismatched clothing, have 3 cameras around their neck and smell funny as part of their clever disguise as tourists.

If you look like you know whats going on and don't act suspicious you can get away with lots of shit. Like moving the cunstruction barricades during the middle of the day to drive through a construction site because you don't want to take the 20 mile detour!

Or just grab a clipboard and walk like you have somewhere you need to be and your late, and you can get into places you otherwise shouldn't.

But seriously, don't you guys think the chineese could just as eaisily find pics on the web?

im not saying just pictures and all that easy to get stuff. there are people taking jobs that they then get access to government jobs in IBM, bring in picture phones, laptops, and take information and process information godknows where. and nobody gives a crap because "its just a normal thing". obviously you guys must not know what the yellow label jobs are that I refer to. Im also not referring to areas of IBM that most people have heard of or that normal people have access to. Im referring to what family and friends have told me about protected IBM research division areas.

and when you are at different museums and airshows, and see the same type of people taking pictures of and filming exactly the same aircraft, it has to make one wonder why all these people are doing exactly the same thing in different places.

then you have other things, like the fact that people I know that make the tooling to manufacture things (not getting into detail) had chineese clients that bought one of each machine, and sent thier guys here to be completely trained on each tool, and have not been heard from since. you dont think thats odd? once of each tool? when not one other client has any need for EVERY tool they make? and then when they hear back from every other client, why doesnt the chineese client ever need anything? Ill tell you why, and its the same thing I told them. they just let the chineese clone thier workshop. say bye bye to some more jobs.

hey, have your fun with me, I dont give a crap. what I see and what I hear tells me there is more to it than you all seem to think there is, and that is why its going on. its actually pretty slick, if you think about it.

....besides, when you know what japaneese and korean language sounds like, and you hear the person that claims to be either of those nationalities speaking chineese instead on the phone at work, what exactly do you think?

I think your paranoia has got the better of you. Please put down the coffee and slowly back away.

Asain chicks are hot! Chineese food rocks!

Subarus and most Hondas are made in the US by US workers. Most GM, Mopar and Ford vehicles are assembled in the US but are primarily fabricated overseas.

The Asains are more advanced technologically than the US. Do you think that maybe they are looking into the best way to bring us down? Then what? We cannot be overtaken. Marching troops onto US soil would be suicide. Perhaps they will just crash our systems and hope for chaos. Maybe insert themselves into our government and make us all keep buddah statues on our coffee tables?

Toyota is a big manufacturer here too. The reason American cars are getting more reliable is because they are shipping us cars from their foreign designers. Pontiac GTO and Ford Focus are two off the top of my head.

Don't think for a minute China couldn't F us up if they wanted. A logistic nightmare, but still very possible.

I saw my Chinese neighbor taking pictures of my dog the other day, and that kind of worried me.

Here's something similar- I was at the local Yamaha dealer oogling the '06 YZ450s which is directly across the street from our airport. When I got there a group of middle eastern young men were standing and sitting on and around the big Airport sign. Its stone and wood with landscaping. When I left two hours later, they were still there.

I'm guessing they were college students waiting for a ride (half our medical students are middle eastern), but it was still wierd.

Yeah, I've seen a few Chinese pies over the years.

Oh, you said spies.

Nah, the Chinese can steal all the secret shit from us they want by hacking our systems and bribing a few well placed treasonous citizens. The camera dudes are just diversions. :lolol:

yeah, my Tundra was made in Indiana. My wifes Camry was made in Kentucky. The ironic thing is that some Fords are made in Canada and Chevys made in Mexico. Kinda makes you wonder what is "American Made".

I'm gonna turn the tables and start taking pictures of the asian coeds in town. ya never know, maybe they're spies. I may have to spank them to get the truth. :lolol:

108272.jpg

Yeah, its sometimes hard to tell, and I goof up occasionally. I know someone who I thought was chinese, and they turned out to be malay.

I haven't heard the term "yellow label job" before.

I'm sure companies do send reps over here to buy american products and reverse engineer them.

Lord knows we do it for asian stuff as well.

If anyone wants, I can pull up reports from that company I referenced that does teardown analysis of asian made electronic goods (and US made as well.)

Basically, that's the way it is-- you sell something to someone and they may copy it.

AS to spying in the workplace-- never seen that. Most of my life has been working on very sensitive technology and the only people known to tell tales and not keep secrets are Venture Capitalists.

Hey, Caspian...

I think you need to send the spy in your picture over to MY HOUSE.... I got some secrets she can share!!

I just gotta be "sneaky" about it... dont want miss saiga to find out!! LOL :up:

:smoke:

Hey, Caspian...

I think you need to send the spy in your picture over to MY HOUSE.... I got some secrets she can share!!

I just gotta be "sneaky" about it... dont want miss saiga to find out!! LOL :up:

:smoke:

Or your wife!!!! :ded::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yea, I forgot about Toyota! They are 100% US made. The Toyota corp. got lots of kudos for creating a gazillion jobs. I wish Mexico would do the same thing and send all of thier factories over here. Then thier people will have somewhere to work. We should just annex Mexico and be done with the whole drama.

Do you think maybe the "tourists" taking pictures could be North Koreans looking for a good place to shove a nuke? You anti-war pussies are really gonna cry when we send our boys over there!