So I lurk around this board but I've been a long time member. In addition to being a pretty big AK enthusiast, I'm into collecting and making knives. I thought I'd show off my most recent design, the Mark 12, which is an integral framelock. That means the handle is milled out of a single billet of titanium; it's not put together from seperate parts, which yields a strong, light frame with very few parts. The knife has only four screws including the stop pin and pivot, and every part on the knife save for the blade is made of titanium. I mill the rough frames with CNC but I do all of the finishing, contouring, shaping by hand, as well as the blades. Mostly just a hobby-business but it pays for college.

DSC04435_zps99059dc0.jpg

DSC04441_zps2961c854.jpg

I do these as one-off's, they're all unique, and one of the things I've been playing around with is G10 inlay into titanium. It's obviously been done before, but this is the first knife I've ever done it on. Moonglow also looks really cool in these knives too, which is an acrylic glow in the dark material.
DSC04459_zps41fe670e.jpg
DSC04509_zpsf5df9528-1_zps87b3f282.jpg
Here's some other shots of some various knives....
DSC04374-1.jpg
DSC04369.jpg
DSC04356.jpg
DSC04322-1.jpg
DSC04325-1.jpg
DSC04323-1.jpg
Thought you guys might be interested...
  • Like 6

Well... I need a bayonet for my Yugo AK. Non folding and/or one piece with a blade like picture #8, and of course AK mounting features.

I didn't PM because I thought others might like to know too. I think it would look awesome as all hell.

I considered it. A lot of folks are switching to that but in my experience it doesn't hold an edge quite as good as CPM-S30V. I used to use CTS-XHP a lot, that's another favorite, and I'm working a little with 20CV and CTS-204P.

Edited by Floyd
  • Like 1
I considered it. A lot of folks are switching to that but in my experience it doesn't hold an edge quite as good as CPM-S30V.

Yeah Ive found they are both a bitch to sharpen.

I do have one blade though in CTS-BD30P, Carpenters version of Crucibles S30. Its a nice steel and holds an edge very well, and seems to take one a bit easier than S30V. IMO.