I need 30, or 40, and perhaps several mags, because if I feel my families life is threatened to the point that warrants a lethal defense, I do not intend to stop pulling the trigger until every threat is completely and utterly stopped. Nowadays these guys are running in teams of 3-5 or more, so I might need every round. Im sure under stress every round wont be on target either.

• Like 1
.223 is a "varmint" caliber. It is basically a .22 with enough punch to take down small game. It is not suitable for military use unless it is discharged from a firearm capable of burst, or full auto fire. As a semi auto round it is barely adequate for for home defense, and 30 rounds is a MINIMUM requirement, because (unless you are lucky, or an excellent shot), one round is most likely not sufficient to immediately stop a determined threat. Home invaders tend to come in two's, three's, and four's. This is the real world. If you are defending yourself against multiple threats with a .22 caliber, semi-auto varmint gun - 30 rounds seems barely adequate.

True for most ammunition.

Certain loads have been developed that make the 5.56mm a potent stopper out to 150 meters from a 16" barrel. I am completely comfortable with my 75gr BTHP loads for defense. The bullet upsets quickly, fragments reliably, and penetrates adequately.

If using 5.56mm for defense, use true 5.56mm (not 223) and use proven loads. SSA, Hornady, Black Hills, Federal Fusion, Gold Dot, etc.

Because my .45 ACP UMP takes 30 rounds. 6900 grains of gangbanger repellent.

Now why did you have to go and mention that? i had never seen one, and now i want one. or maybe 2. seriously though, that is one sweet gun

Throwing gas on that fire, got one in 9mm also. I'd post pics but i keep getting some message that "this community doesn't allow those extensions". Never got that before and don't know what that means??

• Like 1
.223 is a "varmint" caliber. It is basically a .22 with enough punch to take down small game. It is not suitable for military use unless it is discharged from a firearm capable of burst, or full auto fire. As a semi auto round it is barely adequate for for home defense, and 30 rounds is a MINIMUM requirement, because (unless you are lucky, or an excellent shot), one round is most likely not sufficient to immediately stop a determined threat. Home invaders tend to come in two's, three's, and four's. This is the real world. If you are defending yourself against multiple threats with a .22 caliber, semi-auto varmint gun - 30 rounds seems barely adequate.

ahh yes, but 30 rnds of 00 buck thats a whole different story.

Now why did you have to go and mention that? i had never seen one, and now i want one. or maybe 2. seriously though, that is one sweet gun

Good luck with that. I've been drooling over a UMP for years. I'd love to take a USC and UMPize it, but it's against my religion to pay extortion and ask pretty please just to exercise my own damn constitutional rights.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Throwing gas on that fire, got one in 9mm also. I'd post pics but i keep getting some message that "this community doesn't allow those extensions". Never got that before and don't know what that means??

i guess you cant use photobucket anymore. got the same message.

Whats up with that?? I thought I just screwed something up.

Whats up with that?? I thought I just screwed something up.

you can post the link but not the image, not sure why. i was mia for a few months so i just figured they changed it while i was gone.

Man, that's terrible. So much for "no use for more than 10 rounds".

Sadly if this was white on black it would be national headlines and oil Jessi would be preaching on the news daily. The national guard would be standing guard round the clock....guess it doesn't matter when its brown on black or black on black. Sad

Edited by Chevyman097

Latino street gangs that target black people, a very common problem for most Americans. Why do people not think sometimes when they are trying to make pertinent arguments? Sorry but this is a TERRIBLE argument to bring to the table if you are trying to sway anyone on the fence or other side.