Looking for saiga 12 g2 double hook trigger

It's a single hook, but here's one.. It was hard to find tonight though for some reason. (If's the exact kit I bought).

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-138/TROMIX-SAIGA-TRIGGER-TAPCO/Detail

I always thought the double hook was just a back-up incase one of them broke? I also though that was extremely unlikely?

I dont believe that anyone sells a G2 double hook modified to fit the Saiga 12 ( you will have to cut an extra groove in the reciever to fit it anyway). So you could just buy that one and follow the threads on here to modify it. Also Gunfun has a link in his signature to modify the double hook to work

If you just buy a G2 single hook, you will still have to modify it to fit the BHO (bolt hold open) and the hammer will need to be profiled and polished. You can buy them already modified, profiled and polished if you dont want to do it yourself. Several vendors on here sell them, Dinzag, TAC47, Cobra, Pauly, etc, make sure you know what you need before ordering. the modifications are not that difficult and all the details can be found on this forum but they DO need to be done for your gun to function reliably with all amunition.

Any pics to show what the hammer should look like after profile has been done?

Now I'm speaking beyond my experience (haven't done it yet), but popular thought appears to be that it should match the profile of your factory hammer. I'm not sure how clear it would look in any pictures.

Double hook trigger gives the nicest, shortest home done trigger you can get.

For the record, you don't cut the receiver at all when installing a double hook. You grind just enough off the bottom of the extra hook to allow reliable cycling of the trigger. It allows elimination of trigger overtravel.

It's very easy to do and only takes a few minutes with a dremel.

Edited by Nephilim7
  • Like 2
I dont believe that anyone sells a G2 double hook modified to fit the Saiga 12 ( you will have to cut an extra groove in the reciever to fit it anyway). So you could just buy that one and follow the threads on here to modify it. Also Gunfun has a link in his signature to modify the double hook to work

I

I

V

Edited by GunFun

I'd say that in standard config, a polished single hook and a polished double hook feel about the same.

The advantage is getting rid of all the extra pre travel and over travel. You can use the pre travel spacer on either type of trigger just the same, but the double hook has the material to file down to get the over travel stop. Not everyone cares. Some do though, and I am one.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin- I can't answer that, as I don't have dinzag parts. I imagine they are not cotter pins but rather bobby pins and do the same job as the retainer plate. If they go in easily and retain the pins, I would stick with them. I hate the shepard's crook, but anything that works works. bobby pins would be handy because you can do one axis pin at a time without having to hold everything else in place. You could also remove one pin while leaving every thing else home. - insert the old saw about skinning cats...-

Brian "dinzag" has a reputation for being very helpful, so he would be the best person to ask about his kits.

Max- It's this link. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/76775-sweetest-trigger-for-saiga-conversions/#entry816710 Not a video, just a thread with helpful pictures. Mostly I took a picture someone else made and edited it with text.

I modified an RSA AK retaining plate for the 1st gun. I don't think there were any S12 specific ones at the time.

The second one I used a Tromix shepard's crook. I had to clip off a little to allow it to go home because it was hitting a cross piece in front of the hammer axis pin. This was an extremely frustrating little piece of wire. I would prefer just about any other retention method other than standard e-clips. Extended E-clips could be brilliant though if I could find a source.

I'd use whatever you have though.

I

I

V

I told you the G2 mod needed a sticky.

On second thought, it probably wouldn't do any good.

I'd give up a nut to have a Bridgeport out in my shop...and if I had one, all my AKMs would have double-hook triggers. And all my AKMs would have my own custom work applied to them...

I can dream...

There's been a bridgeport on the for sale board at work for $1200 w/tooling for months now.

My nuts are worth more than $1200/ea to me. I think you're setting the bar too low!

• Like 1

A few things can be done with the double hook that can't be done with the single, but get whatever you can right now. Modify your own. It is stupid easy. Don't take too much off of the axis.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
A few things can be done with the double hook that can't be done with the single, but get whatever you can right now. Modify your own. It is stupid easy. Don't take too much off of the axis.

+1 on that. I would even add to that last sentence... Only take as much as is needed off of your axis. Some people have got drop in with BHO on unmodified g2 hammers. These stamped guns have a lot of tolerance. For all I know, the g2s may as well.

Exact fit beats generic. A good way to check is seeing if you can wiggle your bho side to side with the OEM hammer in place. If so, you are going to want your new hammer "axle" to be a bit wider for sure... Wedge things in there to remove play and that gives you a ball park about how much additional width you may want to leave on your new hammer axle.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

I believe the BHO going up into the receiver and locking up the weapon is a result of aggressive removal of material off of the hammer axis. When the hammer axis is too narrow, the BHO is allowed to move to the left, the spring comes off of the BHO, and the BHO goes up past the rail. If this happens, the cover can be removed with the bolt locked back. It isn't easy and takes a little finesse.

Exactly.

Then they blame the BHO for their sloppy fitting (or the sloppy fit of the parts they bought), and put a thread about how BHOs suck. They should start threads about how one size-fits-all gunsmithing sucks on Russian guns.