Any news on Izhmash?

I'm hoping to pick up a rifle when things calm down a little. It's tough because no one knows how long the window of opportunity will be open this time. So I am looking around at everybody's web site and seeing what is available and the prices. I seems like there is still some Vepr guns coming in, as well as a trickle of rebuilds from parts kits, Bulgarian etc. What I am wondering is if anyone has heard about any new shipments coming from Izhmash/Saiga anytime soon? Would it be worth waiting a bit to get that option or should I forget about it?

I'm hoping to pick up a rifle when things calm down a little. It's tough because no one knows how long the window of opportunity will be open this time. So I am looking around at everybody's web site and seeing what is available and the prices. I seems like there is still some Vepr guns coming in, as well as a trickle of rebuilds from parts kits, Bulgarian etc. What I am wondering is if anyone has heard about any new shipments coming from Izhmash/Saiga anytime soon? Would it be worth waiting a bit to get that option or should I forget about it?

Last I looked about 40% of Izhmash's production is going to the USA..

I speak with RWC Group on a regular basis. They are the exclusive exporters for our beloved Saiga rifles. They told me they should be getting them by March but there are a certain few who they shit to that have some now. Get on their web site, find out who they ship to and then get ahold of them to see if they could shit to an ffl near you. I had a Cabelas that RWC sends to send me a 7.62x39 rifle and they did. Well they send one to an FFL of my choosing. So try that but otherwise start looking in March.

I speak with RWC Group on a regular basis. They are the exclusive exporters for our beloved Saiga rifles. They told me they should be getting them by March but there are a certain few who they shit to that have some now. Get on their web site, find out who they ship to and then get ahold of them to see if they could shit to an ffl near you. I had a Cabelas that RWC sends to send me a 7.62x39 rifle and they did. Well they send one to an FFL of my choosing. So try that but otherwise start looking in March.

You're full of shithaha.gif

• Like 1

You're full of shithaha.gif

Umm...ok..i guess. I dont know why you would think I am full of shit but the rifle that i have posted pics on is the one Cabelas sent me from Eugene Oregon..Just because someone posted something that you may find hard to believe doesnt mean it isnt true. Be resourceful and you to can have what you want.

Umm...ok..i guess. I dont know why you would think I am full of shit but the rifle that i have posted pics on is the one Cabelas sent me from Eugene Oregon..Just because someone posted something that you may find hard to believe doesnt mean it isnt true. Be resourceful and you to can have what you want.

He's riding you because you used "shit" instead of "ship" twice in your previous post. I don't believe he is questioning if you actually speak with the RWC group on a regular basis.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

I think Izhmash actually stated recently that 80% of their sales are to the US.

They need to pick up their shipment pace, IMO. I would like to pick up an IZ-340 and a S308. But, I won't be buying them at current prices.

Edited by mancat