Broke Galil charge handle...again!

Now I'm seriously thinking about just asking for a refund... Too bad Pauly isn't currently taking any orders :( what other vendors would you guys recommend for good quality job?

I have read enough... I told you, bring it in and we will weld it.. As far as better quality than us It aint going to happen. I am not sure why yours broke, but damn sure we can make it work for you I have done more than i can count and your seems to need some extra. However theres nothing that paully or any body else for that matter does better. NEED TO SEND IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.... YOU ALREADY HAVE THE BADDEST GUN YOU CAN BUY. ... we warranty all of our work. and at no charge to you will fix your charging handle and it wont come off again. I have sent you emails and requested the Carrier for repair. Im not sure to what you intent to do by soliciting someone to do it better or questioning the quality of our work but our quality is bar none. Every welder at our shop, has welded ten plus years at a minimum and I assure you we have it down. and to the posters ...MPI a charging handle is laughable over kill this is not a critical weld. If you want particle it .. im dont think it would cost you 90 buck any more.

I need a charging handle welded on to my bolt carrier. I'm sure you do fine work, PM incoming.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have read enough... I told you, bring it in and we will weld it.. As far as better quality than us It aint going to happen. I am not sure why yours broke, but damn sure we can make it work for you I

Seems like a better designed     Seems like a better designed handle might help things too. I was just dicking around, so this is pretty crude, but a handle with a much larger base to weld on to t

They need to hire a welder that knows wtf he's doing... A weld should never break..   Did he V groove it and then weld, or just hold it up and tack it? Weld isn't penetrating.

Posted Images

im sure theres probley been enough input here as i have seen. but i can tell you one thing for sure. i myself am a welder and that is my main profession. it looks like it would be a simple weld if , as someone else had stated a good penetrative weld with no slag inclusion had been made. what you have there my friend is a amateur welder. its not exactly his fault i suppose. many people think they are a welder or a good welder, but to pass bend/brake tests, xray tests or being certified is another. if it was a good weld when you beat it with a hammer it will bend and not snap and break. or atleast it should. thats my input with my five+ years as a stick and mig welder. i myself am in the process of makeing my own saiga 12 galil style bent bolt chargeing handle. i just took a actual bolt cut an end off of it, bent it with a blow torch and sandblasted and even'd it all out. i am planning on somehow going and threading out the end tip piece so that any bike tire or car tire valve stem piece can be threaded on. like the goofy skull, 8-ball, and dice people have on there tires. probley go with the skull and some dice or something, i guess its open to whatever they have for it. its just something i thought of that will always be more customizable and given i didnt pay shit for it the end result should look pretty badass and further customizable.

i mean its one thing to stick to pieces of metal together with weld, but many people weld over slag ect... and dont really know wtf there doing. sure it holds up, but like i said it is a brittle shitty weld. after 5 years of practice i still smile when i see those terrible beads and tacks that wouldnt hold up to anything due to poor penetration and lack of fusion between the base and filler metals., people who have little to no welding experience and think its easy its really not. they may think they can weld but unless your certified or could pass some simple tests or at the very least have an understanding of how it needs to be done.

Edited by saigway

There is no slag with a TIG weld.

Secondly this is hardened alloy. Bend test don't work quiet the same as you would with A105 carbon your probably used to. MIG isn't the best choice for this application, I suggest you research more before you make comments like that and accuse others of "amateur" welding. Not sure what type of welder you are, but you'd think that you'd notice the break at the material tie in and not an actual crack in the weld. Hm.. that's the difference between 5-ish years and 13 I guess.

1 i never said tig had slag
2 some very thick flux core mig with high amps would be more than efficient to fuse this together and hold it up forever.
3 if thats the case then it sounds like it must be a issue with the metal being bonded, it may have weakend from heat and became brittle and will need to be treated if its going to be repaired.
4 i didnt really look at the picture much as there was just 1 that i seen and it wasnt a very good one.

5 years as a mig and stick 6g certified pipe worker.

maybe someone with that many years as a welder didnt stop to think in a quick haste that to cool it down quenching it in water or something simple like that would make it more weaker and brittle?

Edited by saigway

We have a very material specific process customized to this particular alloy, it was developed with using PMI and had a Welding engineer consult us on it. I don't know where you got the idea anybody quenched anything, but it's not part of the process.

You can use flux core if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. Be sure to use some splatter shield or you'll ruin your carrier with buckshot.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

16 year MILlWRIGHT "I love a good welding fight!!!!!!''

I wasn't always given a choice on what tools the company provided, so I had to be able to adapt to what I had.

It could be done both ways really. Tig is a much cleaner way to weld.

When using a Mig/Stick welder. I've covered surface areas with burn blanket material before welding, to control any splatter.

It works and I've used some industrial migs that get damn hot also.

Edited by ARMOR