Colt finally starting to join the cause....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/15/connecticut-gun-maker-stages-rally-against-state-gun-control-proposals/?test=latestnews

While he did not say it as strongly as Magpul did, this quote does set out a possible stop on LEO sales. Seems they realize that the public spends more ontheir guns than the NYPD does.

"Our customers don't want to support the state of New York. So our customers aren't going to want to support the state of Connecticut," he said. "And our association is so strong with the state of Connecticut, that it's inevitable that it's going to begin to erode."

• Like 2

Boy those are some strong words there.

/sarcasm

That sounds like it came from the mouth of any liberal politician. Use a bunch of multi-syllable words but say NOTHING.

• Like 1

Well considering he shut down production today, rented 10 buses, and bused his whole staff to the capital to lobby the state even though they put an amendment into their bill allowing the continued manufacture of "assault weapons". I think that even though his words were not inflammatory to anyone it is a bigger step and shows that they are at least hearing their customers and seeing what people are posting is having some effect.

• Like 4

^^f'n A... ALL of the gun manufacturers should be doing the same... The damn liberals "stuff the ballots" every time there is a rally in DC.

Mark your ARs up another $20 if you need to. It's not as if the market won't bear it. Every gun manufacturer should be paying their employees to picket and protest at every opportunity if they care about feeding their own mouths.

Colt just moved up a lot on my "places to spend money" list.

• Like 1

Colt refusing sales would be absolutely huge. They are a primary LEO/mil supplier. Magpul isn't - remember that DoD basically stole Magpul's follower design and told service members that Magpul mags were not allowed.

I wonder if losing the army's M4 contract to FN has anything to do with this. Either way the more the better, with our economy still hurting losing a good chunk of one of America's largest industries is asinine.

I wonder if losing the army's M4 contract to FN has anything to do with this. Either way the more the better, with our economy still hurting losing a good chunk of one of America's largest industries is asinine.

The government is giving foreign manufacturers contracts instead of US manufacturers but either way Colt joining the cause would be an asset.

Here is the irony of that govt contract. I work for the federal govt and we had to change uniform vendors to one that charges literally twice as much because our shirts have to be made in America. So we either get half as many uniform items or the cost doubled for the same products.... But we can outfit the military guys with foreign weapons, usually because they can be made overseas and shipped here cheaper than we can make them here ourselves.

its about time some of the really big boys cinched up their apple sacks, the rest had better step up pretty soon too, or we CAN hurt their sales, they wont do so well on govt contracts alone, and if they do Fuckem I wont buy their guns

Edited by wasrNwarpaint