Max, you should have had a HEMI in that fuckin Jeep!!!

*ouch* twisting the knife in me!!!!

I bought it in '06... Literally WEEKS after I took ownership I spotted a 5.7 Hemi w/tranny and T/case on ebay for $1800!!! I very very very very nearly did it... It was an automatic, which I just simply cannot abide (I own 5 cars and 0 automatic transmissions), and the TJ had just 56,000 on the clock at the time... I just couldn't do it...

Damn you for make me regret it, AGAIN!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fonghoul is that?   Sorry I am old school, aka Rat patrol  

Looks very unspectacular.....just like ANY suv type vehicle these days.....seen one seen 'em all.

If I win the lotta, gonna do this Brute conversion to my YJ.

Posted Images

Sorry to bring this thread back from the cemetary but I found these pics I had on the computer with some other Jeep trucks. Both are from the Jeep skunkworks folks and based on the current Wrangler. Can't remember the details on powertrain, etc.

pup-1_zps50bbb815.jpgpup-2_zpsb4718eaa.jpgpup-3_zpsbec8d9c5.jpgpup-44_zps3b114c62.jpg

• Like 2

Until they bring it out... I've got a (new to me) 83 Jeep J-10 AKA project "GLADI8R"

I'm gonna drop a 4BT in with a NV3550 and redo the entire drive line system, ARB lockers and Dana 60s. Superlift 4 " and slap some 35s.

(J-10 reference photo)

tn_jeep_04_sm.jpg

• Like 2

Does this mean that Jeep is geting rid of the Liberty's design under the sheet metal now that they're going back to the Cherokee name? It was my understandig that they specially designed (heavy duty parts, etc.) the new Liberty chassis back then for serious off-road capablity, a true SUV good for off-road. Is much of that rugged capability out the window for the 2014 Cherokees?

Yeah, that's the problem. Is it built like the Liberty is to be very credible for off-road? If not, then the new Cherokees will be less capable than the Liberties are now. Not a good thing for a Jeep, which is supposed to be the brand of real SUV's.

Well, at least the new Grand Cherokees are looking good, they made them bigger (more room inside) and gave them greater ground clearance. Plus the new diesel engine option looks like it will be nice. Problem is they cost a lot more than a Liberty and probably still are not as good for off-road (which comes in handy sometimes).

I built this from bone stock. I did all the steel work. Full cage including seat mounts. Onboard air from an AC pump plumbed to air chucks on both corners that would run air tools. Lotsa cool stuff that you can't really see. I miss this bitch

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

tds.jpg

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 1
Then I built this sexy bitch… Cut the IFS of and Solid axled it. No lockers or anything in this one. But I miss this one too...

20091101135441_IMG_1844.JPG

20091101135510_IMG_1846.JPG

20091101135614_IMG_1841.JPG

20091101140014_IMG_1819.JPG

20091101141014_IMG_1843.JPG

I miss the classics.... That is one SEXY BITCH

My neighbor offered to sell me his red 87 4Runner with brand new crate 22RE for a dirt cheap price, under a grand. Only thing wrong with it was that the interior needed to be redone, and he had already fitted some bits of plywood to take care of it. I passed him up on it. WHY???? Wish I could go back in time and ass-kick myself.

Edited by mancat
My neighbor offered to sell me his red 87 4Runner with brand new crate 22RE for a dirt cheap price, under a grand. Only thing wrong with it was that the interior needed to be redone, and he had already fitted some bits of plywood to take care of it. I passed him up on it. WHY???? Wish I could go back in time and ass-kick myself.

You can find sr5 interiors out here for a song. You just need to be able to look past junk yard type dirty shit. Seats and door panels clean up real good. That whole interior on my 87 was cleaned up junk yard. Came out great and I know I didn't have even $100 into it.