• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fonghoul is that?   Sorry I am old school, aka Rat patrol  

Looks very unspectacular.....just like ANY suv type vehicle these days.....seen one seen 'em all.

If I win the lotta, gonna do this Brute conversion to my YJ.

Posted Images

I always wanted a diesel Jeep until we got one diesel Liberty at work for a short time. That thing ate diesel like a tractor trailer! Going downhill, in neutral, with the engine off you might get 10mpg highway. It was weird. Had a mechanic check it and no leaks no nothing, low mileage car. Jeep dealership checked it too and same .....no problems....it was very odd. I'd love a Wrangler diesel but not if its anything like the Liberty we had

Well hell, why not...

I'd love to wheel that monster in Utah.... but I have a feeling it's not nimble enough for tight rock trails.

AEV 4 door Brute (with diesel) is a more economical choice.

601975_476453542422402_1678359245_n.jpg

208064_477145195686570_1937857579_n.jpg

I always wanted a diesel Jeep until we got one diesel Liberty at work for a short time. That thing ate diesel like a tractor trailer! Going downhill, in neutral, with the engine off you might get 10mpg highway. It was weird. Had a mechanic check it and no leaks no nothing, low mileage car. Jeep dealership checked it too and same .....no problems....it was very odd. I'd love a Wrangler diesel but not if its anything like the Liberty we had

Something was wrong with it. A friend of mine who is a marine engineer owns a diesel Liberty. He has it chipped, has modded the shift points, and still gets MPG in the high 20s/low 30s even when towing his boat.

Well hell, why not...

I'd love to wheel that monster in Utah.... but I have a feeling it's not nimble enough for tight rock trails.

AEV 4 door Brute (with diesel) is a more economical choice.

601975_476453542422402_1678359245_n.jpg

208064_477145195686570_1937857579_n.jpg

Chrysler was talking about doing a JK truck, but once again dumped what would've been a solid winning idea.

Yeah I know about the J8, but Chrysler kicked around the idea of the 4-door as well. It was just never made into a prototype such as the J8/JT was.

Don't bring up the J8.. It's a sore point for me. Leaf-sprung rear, 4-door JKU with diesel? Yes please.

vxYsqB3.jpg

What always surprised me was how few people knew about the "unlimited" YJ LWB that Jeep produced for Egypt's military for years. We never got a chance to buy it in the US.

Q4uXNJF.jpg

Or the 4-door TJU military export concept.

F3d7FYw.jpg

Jeep has a long history of building exactly what the US domestic customer asks for - then deliberately not selling it to us.

Edited by mancat
Yeah im keeping the cherokee i have till the jeep truck is made...damn i want one bad!

The world is full of J10s & 20s!!! No need to wait for a "Jeep" truck... J trucks are the shit!

edit: ...and meet my maximum door count requirement... :)

But I still prefer my Bronco's. big_smile.gif

Bronco's are awesome too. I also love Scouts!

This is the standard debate that is had all the time on this forum... VEPR 12, 1919, or S12? I say, why chose? COLLECT THEM ALL!!

Edited by Maxwelhse

If I could afford to do a Cummins 4BT swap into a full-size Bronco, I would still have one. Just can't justify the fuel costs of a FS V* or even I6 Bronco unless it spends most of its time sitting in the driveway, and they're just too useful to NOT drive as a DD if you have one. We had several Broncos over the years and they never let us down, but times change.

Edited by mancat

The 300 I6 was an available option, but the MPG was never that great. it did have the benefit of having a lower torque peak RPM than even the 5.8, so it gave the Bronco diesel-like performance in some situations, but without the diesel MPG.

That being said, I rarely see F150s or Broncos with the 300. I've seen one very nice cherry '96 Eddie Bauer with the EFI 300, 5-speed, manual T-case, manual hubs. That's a special dealer order. If I was going to have a gas FS Bronco, that would be it.

Oh you mean the Cummins 6BT? It might fit, but it's way too heavy for the later Bronco frame. I've seen some 70s 6bt swaps, but this was a different frame setup than the later TTB front end of 81-up.

Edited by mancat

the benefit of the 4BT swap is that it goes right in (as far as available physical space), is about the same weight as a SBF V8, and isn't overkill for any of the drivetrain components. 6BT is a different story.

Edited by mancat

But... but... but... The ISB is SOOO awesome... :)

My buddy has a '96 Ram 1 Ton with the old 12V and a 5 speed. It's an unbelievable rig. I honestly do believe it would pull most houses off of their foundations if it had solid footing.

That + Bronco = red_heart.gif

The world is full of J10s & 20s!!! No need to wait for a "Jeep" truck... J trucks are the shit!

Kaiser M715 for the win!

715_zpsac0ec140.jpg

1273758950.jpg

This seems weird to say to another dude, but I really did just pop a 1/4 stalk over that...

omg... I need a J truck... BADASS!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1
I like the little pic at the bottom of that... only on a jeep lolz... when i was younger and had my wrangler... woman on top grabbing the rollbar...damn those were good times!

he he he... On my first date with the now fiance, we made out like crazy in my TJ... Rollbars strip panties!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

I missed out on a M715 local on Craigslist that was absolutley badass and looked damn near the same as the pic I posted. He had over $40K into it, receipts to prove it and he was asking $14K for it. Sadly, it was gone by the time I contacted him.

Ouch.. $14k seems steep, but I don't know the market for those. When less than $10k can buy you a sweet 2 1/2 or the world's most awesome M37, you'd better have a lust on for that J truck!!!

I'd rather take a $1000 diamond in the rough and transform it myself into the brute that you have shown us. Crap-o-riffic $1000 J truck + $13k = wet dreams of muddin' goodness, 500hp style!!! (remember... I'm an AMC junkie... I know guys that do 500hp 401s before breakfast!) smile.png

This was a brand new engine build on a brand new chassis and the first real run... What you don't see is it getting sideways as FUCK before the 300' mark (that's why he lifted) and coasting through the traps in the mid 13s... The engine lope you hear broke traction every time it bounced idle just cruising threw the the pits.... I was there, it was a sight to behold! (In all fairness... that blown alcohol 401 is probably making over 1000hp, they could dial it back for you!) smile.png (also.. it has a 200hp shot of N20 on it that he hasn't opened yet... also also... the owner of the car is one HELL of a good guy!!)

Ouch.. $14k seems steep, but I don't know the market for those. When less than $10k can buy you a sweet 2 1/2 or the world's most awesome M37, you'd better have a lust on for that J truck!!!

It had M35 2.5 ton axles, a newer Cummins TD, big fucking tires (new ones)(can't remember what size). The truck was absolutley spotless and painted back to the Military scheme. Had a soft top as well. Everything, axles, engine, and drive train had been rebuilt and the rest was restored flawlessly. Well worth $14K IMO. People are buying M35s for more that are just surplus trucks, nothing done to them.

ETA: Cool video! My Dad's buddy used to have a bad assed AMX he raced. My Dad was a MOPAR racer. His other buddies ran GM and Mustangs.

Edited by MT Predator

I always fight for the under dog!!!! In that race, I'd say Chevy!! (flame suit-on)

Here's a picture I personally took of some real muscle at work... 2 genuine SS AMXs (out of a total of 50 original factory sponsored race cars) running head-up 30 years later. The most impressive part of this run: IDENTICAL REACTION TIMES!!! ETs were 9.40 and 9.41!!!! Car in the right lane is still a T-10 4 speed driven like a pimp!!!

(Were gonna get you past this J truck thing and into much less affordable hobbies... Like 1st gen sub-10-second AMXs)

post-33185-0-63280400-1364610440_thumb.jpg

edit... Oh! How could I forget, my TJ running on the same track (same day) vs my buddy James' '69 BBO AMX... I had him through 2nd gear, then he decided to stop being a pussy and not get smoked by a 6 cylinder! smile.png

post-33185-0-51255600-1364610696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1