40 members have voted

1. 1. What should you do with the FACTORY Card Board Boxes that Rifles and Shot Guns Come in

• Keep Them
    • Trash Them

LMAO fffpatriot!

Hey just a tip, I save all my beer boxes too, and buy all my beer in 24 pack cases (cans). Split at the seam and opened up flat, they store easily and make excellent targets or backdrops for paper targets in case you get off paper. You can also very easily cut them into silhouette shaped targets.

Waste not want not I always say....

That's just like using free cardboard that you already paid for.bad_smile.gif

Sorry, about miss reading the question and answering wrong the first time. I do not keep my combloc boxes. No one really sees a lot of value in them since they are typically flimsy cardboard that does not hold up. I do keep hard plastic case boxes that many US manufactured firearms come in. They do add value on resale.

I have a hidden safe but it someone goes into my attic or shed and sees a ton of gun boxes they might start looking for the them.

I don't keep mine but I can see why some would. I have a bunch of locked hard cases that contain pressure treated 2x6s and 2x8s. I figure the thief will not waste time breaking the locks at my house and will take off with the whole case thinking they have the firearms and not searching further. I'd like to boobytrap them with ink packs like banks use.

• Like 2

It all depends on the weapon and what you want to do with it. The box for my old Gold cup with the manual and factory test target is worth more than an original magazine. People pay for the original boxes! Some are worth a lot of money, others are not.

I would keep them if you have the space.

When I was a kid, my dad's employee threw away hundreds of boxes for very fine rifles. By the time we caught it, they were in the dumpster with water damage and dry wall all over the batch, we sorted it all out and saved what we could of parts and mauals.

He should have fired him on the spot, he eneded up stealing money from the business and went to prison. I always hated that Italian piece of shit. The gun box incident sealed the deal for me. Dad didn't listen and ended up with a criminal who stole hundreds of thousands and gave the business a bad name. At least the scum sucker sat in prision for a while.

I save all my boxes, in most every case it makes the weapon more valueable at resale. It makes the seller look squared away and attentive to detail.

I doubt my saiga boxes will do much but what the heck. I can always use it as survival fire starter!

I've read in the past, that some boxes are worth more than the guns that came in them. Because everyone threw them away. Colt AR-15 "green label" boxes are supposedly in high demand. I'm sure that has all changed in this day and time. The boxes do pile up fast, and make a fire hazard. No worse than all of the other stuff I pack rat away, though. LOL.