I dont know if this has been posted before, but thought I would put it up anyway. This movie was exactly what I needed here lately, just ordered the book as well. Whether you are a gun guy or a man of faith or a godless heathen you will like this movie.

Yes it is preacher, my piece of shit phone needs bigger buttons.

I had passed on it to but after watching it and reading up on the guy, he is an inspiration for his work but the fact he is not like all the others out there like red cross and unicef, he is actually putting his money where his mouth is and fighting the scum over there. Buying the paperback to read when I can.

I saw it, wasnt that impressed. But to each his own. Just wasnt my thing.

"Man lives a life of crime and drugs and tries to turn it around by helping little needy children in Africa while neglecting his wife and kid at home"

Edited by Chevyman097

He isn't a hero, if anything an anti hero, a irredeemable soul looking for redemption. I do admit he may not be squeaky clean but he believes enough in what he does to sell his business to start his first orphanage. Which also has a good chance of getting him killed over there in the first place.

No doubt the man has a lot of demons and some issues on the homefront, but maybe he was made to do this but was also made to be a shitty husband, were all not perfect, so chevyman " he who is without sin shall cast the first stone." right? I understand your view but the man deserves some credit for what he had accomplished.

Like I said in the other post about this movie. I liked it. If you like killing you might as well do it for a good purpose, and that is exactly what the movie is about In my eyes. Not a hero just a guy looking to do a little good with his bad.

I remember him in "Law Abiding Citizen". The part where he defended himself in court was awesome! For those who never saw it, check it out. He defended himself in court, facing a leanient woman judge, and then hands her ass to her for being so light in sentencing him. He goes ballistic on her, and gets extremely constitutional. I thought, boy, this guy's an awesome patriot!! Of course, he turns out to be a very evil bastard from there.

It can be a bit long winded with the back and forth, africa, home, africa, home. Reading some of the kids stories on his site was an eye opener too. There is definitely more to the story in africa than the movie put in but I guess he felt he needed to include the bad as well, guys got some stones for putting his serious personal issues on film as well as facing down dudes that would gladly make sushi out of you with a machete, oh yeah and he is a revolver guy carries a 44 mag I believe.

I was curious about this movie after reading the thread here last night. I rented it out today, and just watched it. One of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. I spent 1-1/2 months in Africa (Mogadishu, and went to Biadoa and Bardara on raids), and after being around kids out there that have had their lives shredded apart, it hit me pretty damn hard.

Anyways, I thought it was a really good movie. Plenty of pretty good AK action for you guys who might be into ak-47's. (lol!)