http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/11/8th-grade-crossword-puzzle-definitions-at-wis-school-conservatism-restricting-personal-freedoms-liberalism-personal-freedom-for-everyone/

Conservatism, it stated in part, believes in “preserving traditional moral values by restricting personal freedoms” while liberalism is for “equality and personal freedom for everyone.

If you have kids in school, learn what "Commen Core" is, it is scary!

Another argument for ending government schools.

Don't like the liberal view of one private school? Send them to another.

Don't like the conservative view? Send them to one more liberal.

The department of education is the main problem. Schools were completely independent of the Feds until 1979, give it back to the states to run. But I know I'm preaching mostly to the choir. Except for that one guy waaaay back in the back there sitting in dc spying on us. :)
  • Like 1
I guess it cant be any worse than MSNBC telling us that our children dont belong to us, but to the state.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/04/09/why_msnbc__the_left_resent_good_parents_117868.html

unfortunately, there a lot of children bought and payed for and raised by the state.........sad times.....

oh,,,,,this lady is an idiot....

• Like 1

I read this shit on yahoo earlier today...

sickening...

However, that just strengthens my resolve to be an active part of my children's education (when I have some).

I can't wait to show up to school when some shit like that comes down, then lay a huge tree burning, dinosaur-power, burnout on my way out of the parking lot...

-Maxwelhse... Underachiever, high school dropout, degreed Mechanical/Industrial Engineer (2x engineering degrees)... FUCK THE SYSTEM! smile.png

Public education was just a gateway to freedom for me...

Edited by Maxwelhse
If you have kids in school, learn what "Commen Core" is, it is scary!

Common Core Standards? Rules imposed on my wife (a teacher) by the government to determine what and how she can teach the kids. Kids meet the standards, or the school doesn't get federal money. All the teachers hate it, complete bullcrap. Admin loves it! Because they love every shit sandwich they get fed, they have to or they wont get the 6-figure retirement they are promised.

These particular examples have nothing to do with Common Core Standards, well not directly. The standards say what has to be taught and how, but gives the teachers some leeway. The 'Jews' one is a good example. Teachers are encouraged to implement things like that because the school can tell the Feds that they are teaching both History, Grammar and Vocabulary during that time slot. They demonstrate that they taught the subjects, Feds give them money. When the kids fail (because they are dumb, or retarded, or ADHD, or hopped up on drugs, or working after school to support their siblings; NCLB makes no allowances for such) the school can prove they did the job, so gimmie the money.

The Jew one in particular is one we've seen a few times, teachers get instruction, but because they are barely educated morons pushed out of teacher-mills, they dont even have the common sense to write a decent question. Anyway its not always easy. My wife the science teacher was teaching minerals one week when she was instructed by Admin to incorporate history of slavery into her review questions. That was a pretty interesting assignment.

Teachers in the city are kinda like police officials in the city: if you dont really believe in the party line, you're gone. Union needs to stand up to the politicians first.

Edited by mostholycerebus