Real driving force behind gun deal was booze and boat retreats says Se

Sen. Mark Kirk says the real driving force behind the gun deal that was hatched by bipartisan work was booze and boat retreats.

The Illinois Republican said to reporters that visits to the Black Tie, a yacht owned by Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin, played a large role in the Democratic-Republican come-together over background checks and other legislation related to gun control, Roll Call reported.

“You guys really ought to go out to National Harbor and see the Black Tie, which has been much of the reason for much of the bipartisan cooperation around here,” he said, as quoted in Roll Call.

Frequent visitors to the luxury vessel: Democrat Sen. Kay Hagan and Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, Mr. Kirk said.

“Sometimes alcoholic beverages might be served and ties might … get loosened,” he said, in Roll Call.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/11/sen-mark-kirk-booze-and-boat-parties-smoothed-bipa/

Keep eyes on the Senate vote, and vote out any of them that vote yes to any anti gun legislation. The House has yet to chime in on the issue. That makes me think that the Senate may still not have any deal and this is all just show boating to garner support with the media and push Senators to vote yes.

Keep eyes on the Senate vote, and vote out any of them that vote yes to any anti gun legislation. The House has yet to chime in on the issue. That makes me think that the Senate may still not have any deal and this is all just show boating to garner support with the media and push Senators to vote yes.

+1 here.

I think they want to wear us down because they know nothing will go through now in a house. When things wear on everyone, and if they get reelected next election, they will then hope to get it all passed. But, what do I know, I don't trust anyone, and most assuredly, that includes myself.