new saiga. burst fire!

Man, I would get a FCG in there YESTERDAY. Right now, you know, and have posted, that you have an illegal MG over there. Ok, judge might let that slide because you took immediate steps to research the fix. But then, you decided you're just gonna leave it, because you cant afford a $30 FCG? Is avoiding the potential forever-life-fucking by ATF worth $30 of insurance?

Just get the new Tapco FCG, or the Texas AK one for $40, or the Red Star Arms one for $90. You will be kicking yourself if this goes sideways for $40. If money is really that tight, just remove the malfunctioning FCG, cut the pieces, take pics of them cut, and throw them away. Replace when you get the money.

I had this same issue on my 5.45. I had the Tapco G2 FCG in it at the time. I found out that Tapco does not recommend the G2 for the Saiga platform at all. Not in the sporter config, and not in the converted config.

Get rid of the tapco.

If you have the bank, get one of the Red Star FCG's. i sunk the cash into it, and it is really nice. The only thing that was a small problem was with the nut that holds the rear part of the trigger guard in place. I just removed it, and the problem went away.

Removed the questionable trigger group and will be putting either a texas or arsenal. Also for the record its not an automatic weapon. Has never been modified to be automatic. It merely had a malfunctioning fire control group. Due in no part to the owner. I wany to make that perfectly clear.

Removed the questionable trigger group and will be putting either a texas or arsenal. Also for the record its not an automatic weapon. Has never been modified to be automatic. It merely had a malfunctioning fire control group. Due in no part to the owner. I wany to make that perfectly clear.

I think the point others were trying to make is that the ATF wouldn't quite see things your way. They would see it as an automatic, throw the book at you, and pat themselves on the back for taking a machine gun off the street.

We know you didn't do anything wrong intentionally, but do not underestimate the ability of the ATF to railroad you.

Man, I would get a FCG in there YESTERDAY. Right now, you know, and have posted, that you have an illegal MG over there. Ok, judge might let that slide because you took immediate steps to research the fix. But then, you decided you're just gonna leave it, because you cant afford a $30 FCG? Is avoiding the potential forever-life-fucking by ATF worth $30 of insurance?Just get the new Tapco FCG, or the Texas AK one for $40, or the Red Star Arms one for $90. You will be kicking yourself if this goes sideways for $40. If money is really that tight, just remove the malfunctioning FCG, cut the pieces, take pics of them cut, and throw them away. Replace when you get the money.

Geez.. settle down there

Two things. I contacted RWC today, was unable to over the weekend due to them not being open. They are replacing the entire rifle. I am shipping the defective product to them this week. The second thing is I received this private message today on these boards.

eskraservya

Message: You have been reported to the ATF for creating and or possessing a select fire, burst fire, and or fully automatic firearm. It makes all of us look bad in this community please stop breaking the law.

Thank You

This is nonsense. Compete total nonsense. I have not broken the law. EVER. It was shipped to me flawed. Probably the reason they are replacing the rilfe at no cost to me except the shipping back to RWC.

• Like 1

Quick update. Just got off the phone with my local BATF office in St. Paul and I explained to them what happened and Im good to go. They said i did exactly the right thing by having it shipped back to the company and getting a new one in its place. I wanted to thank the guys who gave me advice on what to do. This should be resolved in less then a month.

• Like 1
Two things. I contacted RWC today, was unable to over the weekend due to them not being open. They are replacing the entire rifle. I am shipping the defective product to them this week. The second thing is I received this private message today on these boards.

eskraservya

Message: You have been reported to the ATF for creating and or possessing a select fire, burst fire, and or fully automatic firearm. It makes all of us look bad in this community please stop breaking the law.

Thank You

This is nonsense. Compete total nonsense. I have not broken the law. EVER. It was shipped to me flawed. Probably the reason they are replacing the rilfe at no cost to me except the shipping back to RWC.

You need to report that trolling bastard to the mods, he doesn't even have a post on this board. We don't need a shit head like that here, he should be banned.

• Like 6

No kidding! That punk can GFH! Kinda like when Spetnaz Solider tried to chew me out for saying I have steel core bullets lol. Complete jerks need to mind their own. "It makes us all look bad.." WTF...

Two things. I contacted RWC today, was unable to over the weekend due to them not being open. They are replacing the entire rifle. I am shipping the defective product to them this week. The second thing is I received this private message today on these boards. From:eskraservyaMessage: You have been reported to the ATF for creating and or possessing a select fire, burst fire, and or fully automatic firearm. It makes all of us look bad in this community please stop breaking the law.Thank You This is nonsense. Compete total nonsense. I have not broken the law. EVER. It was shipped to me flawed. Probably the reason they are replacing the rilfe at no cost to me except the shipping back to RWC.
You need to report that trolling bastard to the mods, he doesn't even have a post on this board. We don't need a shit head like that here, he should be banned.
I wonder if it is Spetnaz Solider trying to get some revenge??

Revenge or no, thankyou to the guys and gals who gave me good advice. When I spoke to the RWC rep I told him I had cut the shroud off and changed out the stock and forgrip. That I was basically super sizing it if you will. He said it was fine, to take off my new stuff and just send him the rest and in about a month I would get a brand new one off the boat. Evidently a shipment is en route as we speak. So yea, by doing the right thing I get a brand new rifle, not that mine was not nearly brand new, but I am pleased as punch with they're service so far. Should see what happens. Again, thanks folks.

eskraservya

Thank You

Guess SS is back. Reported his PM to the mods. Newbies overlook the "last active" box,this troll has been here before.

eskraservya Member Since Today, 09:29 AM

• Group Member
  • Active Posts 0
  • Profile Views 9
  • Member Title Newbie
  • Age Age Unknown
  • Birthday Birthday Unknown
Offline Last Active Private

star_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.png user_add.png

Edited by Jetmech

No kidding! That punk can GFH! Kinda like when Spetnaz Solider tried to chew me out for saying I have steel core bullets lol. Complete jerks need to mind their own. "It makes us all look bad.." WTF...

Two things. I contacted RWC today, was unable to over the weekend due to them not being open. They are replacing the entire rifle. I am shipping the defective product to them this week. The second thing is I received this private message today on these boards. From:eskraservyaMessage: You have been reported to the ATF for creating and or possessing a select fire, burst fire, and or fully automatic firearm. It makes all of us look bad in this community please stop breaking the law.Thank You This is nonsense. Compete total nonsense. I have not broken the law. EVER. It was shipped to me flawed. Probably the reason they are replacing the rilfe at no cost to me except the shipping back to RWC.

I wonder if it is Spetnaz Solider trying to get some revenge??

No doubt.

I sent him a warm welcome back PM

I don't think he had a chance to read it........before he and his new 2nd troll was banned again! haha.gif

1. eskraservya Joined on Today, 09:29 AM

Banned · 0 posts

2. eskraserv Joined on Today, 09:27 AM

Banned · 0 posts

Edited by Jetmech

I have my fingers crossed that the new rifle will have a threaded barrel. I will keep you gun toting AK lovers posted. And oh yeah, Who ever keeps asking for the snow we keep getting here, stop it, or you will be forced to move in with spetzna in his moms basement.

• Like 1
<p>

I don't think he had a chance to read it........before he and his new 2nd troll was banned again! :haha2:

•  

eskraservya

Joined on Today, 09:29 AMBanned · 0 posts

•  

eskraserv

Joined on Today, 09:27 AMBanned · 0 posts

That didn't take long!

I have my fingers crossed that the new rifle will have a threaded barrel. I will keep you gun toting AK lovers posted. And oh yeah, Who ever keeps asking for the snow we keep getting here, stop it, or you will be forced to move in with spetzna in his moms basement.
Haha if this snow keeps falling I might have to move in his moms basement. This snow is getting old, I need to get back to work ASAP! Edited by dubya
Your bullet could go off before its fully seated. At least that is what I have read on the subject, and it makes mechanical sense to me.

That is called firing out of battery. Turns your casing into flying fragments/shrapnel, not fun. All it takes is a crappy made mag and the wrong load angle. After that, remember, the hammer is riding the carrier on a slam fire. Injuries are not fun.

I didn't know Kalashnikov was dead...

Impossible for AK's after the original 47 to fire before seating.. bolt carrier spur prevents this. - hammer would ride carrier spur until after bolt locks..unless firing pin jammed up. Unlikely.

I own a WASR stamped receiver without the spur. First time I ever saw one was on my S12, first Saiga I ever owned. They're out there, it's possible.

Edited by ShadowFire

I don't think he had a chance to read it........before he and his new 2nd troll was banned again! :haha2:

eskraservya
    Joined on Today, 09:29 AMBanned · 0 posts

eskraserv
    Joined on Today, 09:27 AMBanned · 0 posts

Now his tactic is to open an account and TRY to sit and read, hang around for awhile before he starts posting hoping nobody will realize it's him. Moron

SS, you're not nearly as smooth as you think. You're too easy to spot and I welcome you to keep trolling here and getting caught. You're the only one getting her feelings hurt each time you get banned :wet_eyes:

David Olofson is the guy who's life was completly torn apart by the ATF, due to a rifle malfunction that was out of his control. Quite possibly one of the worst cases of injustice I've ever heard about from the BATFags actions against this honorable vet.

I agree it was tragic and still is. There is something about him trying to transfer it to another person? Can I get any clarification on this? From my own personal experience, do what I did. Return it to the company as soon as you can. Do sell it to someone else. As far as Im concerned it became a serious liability just to have at my home. Thank God for RWC. They are sending me a brand new one hopefully free of any defects.

Okay first of all it could be a stuck firing pin is what I mentioned. Second the Tapco hammer will not affect the lockup distance because the distance is affected and determined by the length of the spur.... the vast majority of AKs that kaboomd were original 47s with no rate reducer.

Edited by S12KS-K

I've had it happen. The rifle fired at a quarter turn lockup due to premature release of the hammer with a slightly peened "spur" on the carrier. It put a little dent into the locking lugs.

The rate reducer has nothing to do with battery safety. Full-auto AKs, even without the rate reducer, have an auto/safety sear that prevent the release of the hammer until the bolt is fully in battery. This is one case where the ATF fucks gun owners: the full-auto FCG makes the AK safer for the user.

Edited by mancat

Didn't see anyone mention this.

Tapco had a recall of a certain batch of G2's some time ago. A year ago maybe?

The hole in the disconnector where the spring goes was drilled too deep. Which would cause the behavior the OP described.

For those that are saying the G2's should be avoided I'll remind you that Rifle Dynamics still uses G2's in all of their builds that don't specifically request another trigger.

AK tolerances between rail height, bolt carrier group dimensions, and FCG pin locations are all over the place. For liability Tapco will recommend not using their FCG in many models. If you are doing anything with the FCG and not expecting to verify all of those stacking tolerances end up OK in your specific rifle for your specific build then your expectations are unrealistic. Paying meticulous detail to the FCG when building an AK comes with the territory. Super weird things can be seen in any AK build from any country. You have to watch out for them. And be prepared to do the work to make the rifle fully functional.

Edited by jamesavery22
Didn't see anyone mention this.

Tapco had a recall of a certain batch of G2's some time ago. A year ago maybe?

The hole in the disconnector where the spring goes was drilled too deep. Which would cause the behavior the OP described.

For those that are saying the G2's should be avoided I'll remind you that Rifle Dynamics still uses G2's in all of their builds that don't specifically request another trigger.

AK tolerances between rail height, bolt carrier group dimensions, and FCG pin locations are all over the place. For liability Tapco will recommend not using their FCG in many models. If you are doing anything with the FCG and not expecting to verify all of those stacking tolerances end up OK in your specific rifle for your specific build then your expectations are unrealistic. Paying meticulous detail to the FCG when building an AK comes with the territory. Super weird things can be seen in any AK build from any country. You have to watch out for them. And be prepared to do the work to make the rifle fully functional.

Check post #3 of this thread where this was brought up.