Feel for you and all the others out there John. Left back in 84 and have never looked back.

Since I'm still unemployed, I have nothing better to do than to inform them on how I feel about this report. I watch a different station who has actually done some decent reporting on all of this. Not perfect. But decent.

I wrote them and gave them what's left of my mind haha...

I also wrote the competing station sending them both the link to the fucked up report and the link to the mag limit PSA. I told him I would like to see a down and dirty, absolute truth story based on the PSA or the like on how the new laws have TRULY endangered Coloradoans.

I got a quick reply stating he'd take it into consideration seeing that he's had many complaints about the Fox 31 story. He's run stories that I've written him about before. They were not my stories, but I joined a crowd of many who wanted the story told. He has also taken the time, every time I've written to reply. I like that a lot. So I believe that if he can make a story out of it he will. This is the station that was hammering the shit outta Hickenlooper and pissed him off to the point he wouldn't talk anymore. So they are the only station around that I will even bother with.

• Like 1
Colorado, quickly become an example for why we might want pot to remain illegal. There is a reason they call it "dope".

Pot must be federally legalized so that we have a mental buffer between us and the government.

I wish the government would smoke some weed and chill.bong.gif Tired of having crack addicts on the hill.

My favorite gun purchase ever was when I helped a friend do a Face-To-Face transaction for a FN-FAL through Arfcom classifieds. We agreed to meet the seller exactly halfway between our locations which ended up being just off a specific exit on I-40. So we basically pulled off the interstate to meet this guy, shook hands, and bought a FAL. 100% legal but it totally felt like some kind of drug deal. Rifle was not cased or anything so we transferred it right out in the open. Would've been hilarious if a cop had drive by right then.

ETA: That "Lock-N-Load" montage in that video is a page straight out of Hollywood. See here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LockAndLoadMontage

"Usually features close-up shots of guns being loaded, knives being sheathed, headbands being tied, etc. Never complete without a veritable symphony of metallic clicking noises."

Edited by DistalRadius

Several Things Come to Mind. The first is...how can such seemingly intelligent individuals actually do what they were told to do? Were they assigned/ordered to do this piece? There must be some things even a so called "news reporter" will not do. Or was this some sort of "off the wall" spontanious reporting hack job "they just decided to do"? Was this news piece authorized from management of the news station?

Assult weapons? We know there is no such word. Apparently the news reporters think there is. Is this representative of what kind of news reporters we have today? Notice they "anchored" their shit with the zinger that such open purchases are "perfectly legal right now in Colorado"? Gotta have that all important credibility. Very sad indeed that intelligent individuals, (reporters) will fall to such deep depths. HB of CJ (old coot)

don't they understand they will be the first against the wall when their usefulness has ended?

I'm sure FOX 31 could also arrange to buy some methamphetamine if they wanted to. You know, something that is actually banned, and yet is still available.

It amazes me how many people can't seem to recognize the parallel between the utter failure that is war on drugs, and the belief that making private sales illegal will make guns unavailable to criminals.

Ask these people how the former has worked out so far, and you'll get deafening silence.

I could buy pot in high school easier than I could've bought a gun.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well does Fox denver plan on going on a killing spree? Did the buyer have a felony? Why don't they focus on the shooter in NOLA who should have been locked up with the current laws but was not and proved a criminal will obtain a weapon without reguard for the law.

I tried to post this on there site but I hate jumping though the hoops to post shit on places like that.

Well does Fox denver plan on going on a killing spree? Did the buyer have a felony? Why don't they focus on the shooter in NOLA who should have been locked up with the current laws but was not and proved a criminal will obtain a weapon without reguard for the law.

I tried to post this on there site but I hate jumping though the hoops to post shit on places like that.

Look at the link above your post if you want to get really sick.homoswitch.gif

Look at the link above your post if you want to get really sick.homoswitch.gif

FACEPALM...