Ultimak Saiga 12 Handguard with rails

Here's a link with a picture of Ultimak's Saiga 12 lower handguard with rails. I'm told that the upper section that would cover the gas tube is not yet finished. http://ultimak.com/images/saiga12acr2.jpg

http://www.ultimak.com/images/saiga12acr2Cr.jpg

Again more of a slimline design to match the Saigas profile. It's great to see companies making accessories for our shotty's

Edited by TacticalResponse
Very cool and good news. I have to say that I would pay way more for the Halo rail system than that Ultimak, but it's not finished yet either so maybe it will look different when its done. I'm sure it is at least very functional.

It's great that our selection of the type of conversions that we can do is growing.

where the hell is the gas tube weaver rail? thats what an ultimak really is. I like the forward scout mount so much on my SAR, I want one on my S12 now.

Supposedly thats going to be designed onto the top part

Any guess as to how long before it hits market?

where the hell is the gas tube weaver rail? thats what an ultimak really is. I like the forward scout mount so much on my SAR, I want one on my S12 now.

Supposedly thats going to be designed onto the top part

Any guess as to how long before it hits market?

You might try calling Ultimak to find out. If a lot of people call wanting to purchase one, I'm sure that they will be out on the market that much faster when they see that the demand is there. 208-833-4734 Silverbear seems to be willing to help us out in obtaining one of his custom handguards that he used for his conversion.

I might just skip all that routine and bolt a peice of weaver rail down onto my front sight hole and a piece of dovetail rail on the rear sight block. not too sure on the durability of it all with a red dot on there. flip up AR sights would be nice, though, even without the optic on there. then I can just drill out the peep sights and have two different ghost rings.

I might just skip all that routine and bolt a peice of weaver rail down onto my front sight hole and a piece of dovetail rail on the rear sight block. not too sure on the durability of it all with a red dot on there. flip up AR sights would be nice, though, even without the optic on there. then I can just drill out the peep sights and have two different ghost rings.

This is my latest plan almost precisely...though I plan to weld threaded bits to the gas tube and bolt the weaver rail down there, so it is removeable and the stock sights could be put back on. Red dot with flip up AR BUIS would be the shiznit...but my math puts this at damn near what I paid for the shotty...so...

Personally, I really don't care about the sight rail. It's a shotgun. If I need a rifle, I'll use a rifle.

The HALO is nice, but if they don't offer a non-top rail less expensive version, then the UltimAK might get my vote if they price accordingly. Hell, I'd buy that prototype now if they priced it at the $220 point like their other stuff.

The UltimAK does seem to offer one's hand less protection than the HALO, but I think the proper panels will help that a bit.