Pros and cons of a VCH on saiga 12

Since were all at it. How about we get some picture poss of peoples VCH and it was worth having done or not.

Unless I can believe it will be a functional upgrade and not just for looks then I wont get it. It appears the LSCH is more functional than a RSVCH.

I think a mosin nagant bolt handle would make an outstanding LSCH or a VCH......hell even a RSCH....lol.

I honestly think that would look really weird on a saiga 12.

I personally prefer the LSCH over any of the vert ones. I have one I did a few years ago on my S-12 and it really is effortless to charge the weapon with or without an optic mounted on my railed dust cover. Also I now have the option to use either hand to easily charge it, without having to tilt it. Control hand stays on the grip, trigger finger ready... gun stays situated and aimed at the target. Looks better too IMO.

Youre killin me man. A lsch is becoming more appealing to me now.

Either way you go Titan will clear.

• Like 1

lsch ask you self when is last time you laid you gun on ground to get dirt in, on it or dragged it through pea gravel or buried it to get anything in receiver at over $1000-up.

if your right hand shooter lsch seems natural that reaching over top weapon with your left hand.... my op.

Edited by bobabuee
  • Like 1

Is there room for an articulated cover on the outside of the dust cover? Same idea as the nesting cones that form the plastic guard around the base of the piston a cheap pneumatic desk chair. Would look something like dragon scales over the opening.

Shield pieces could be Bakelite or Delrin, since they only have to deflect loose debris. Would have to rivet on an exterior guide rod (small music wire) above the travel of the charging handle for alignment of the pieces and link the front piece to the charging handle... It would be a lot of work to develop, but it would work if executed well.

Could be done over the ejection port as well for that matter.

Edited by Nephilim7

What?

You don't believe pea gravel is real???

Never underestimate the power of gravel. If a boy can use a piece to kill a nearly ten foot tall hardened warrior-giant, a piece could easily stop up a Saiga 12...

Edited by Nephilim7

pea gravel

What?

You don't believe pea gravel is real???

Never underestimate the power of gravel. If a boy can use a piece to kill a nearly ten foot tall hardened warrior-giant, a piece could easily stop up a Saiga 12...

pea gravel is real.

zombies only bite and claw and don't use weapons..... lol

if pea gravel stop's your gun then turn upside down give it a shake try it again if no go, then use

your door breacher if got one..... if that fails..... grab barrel and swing for head.... works for humans and zombies...... don't know if it will work on ten foot giant.....but you can use rifle sling and pea gravel or stone.....lol

Edited by bobabuee

Lynch is a modified FAL part. It would need a longer track, which is contoured to fit into the shoulder of the dustcover. -- I know someone who is working on doing one. He has a solid plan.

• Like 1

Lynch is a modified FAL part. It would need a longer track, which is contoured to fit into the shoulder of the dustcover. -- I know someone who is working on doing one. He has a solid plan.

Was this being developed with retail in mind or a personal project?

personal. He was trying to convince the lynch guy to market it though.

One perk is that you could still use most posp optics mounts without removing the lynch.

lsch ask you self when is last time you laid you gun on ground to get dirt in, on it or dragged it through pea gravel or buried it to get anything in receiver at over $1000-up.

if your right hand shooter lsch seems natural that reaching over top weapon with your left hand.... my op.

Every time I shoot it seems.

I shoot up forest roads which are gravel. I have no bench, so if driving a sedan, there's only so much room on the hood, then that gets used for loading so rifles tend to get leaned against the car, then Murphy & gravity tend to take it from there.

Everybody has their own purpose for each weapon in mind and everything's a trade off unless one wants to spend a grand for a mod. What's best for one might not be best for another. It's like Laptop vs Desktop applications.

Me personally, I like stuff as idiot-proof as possible.

The way I see it, is she might be a range toy now, but who knows where she'll end up in the course of her life or what I may need her to endure.

• Like 2