Stay far far away from Bryco.

Ok... fair enough... ( I have NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM before...)

so the real ??? is....

*WHY*?!?!?!?!?

please add some details for us ignorant souls that dont have a clue WHY to steer clear of these??!?!

:smoke:

This is pushing the envelope but I've heard some good stuff about these little rascals (also from Kalifornia's "ring of fire") I almost bought one at the last gun show but ended up buying some ammo instead looked like pretty fair quality at a basement bargin price. http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewp...idproduct=45394

Edited by LeadMonkey

$115 - That's pretty cheap! What are they wanting for it Cobra?

I was wanting to off my Bersa .380 Thunder and 5 mags, but I'd want a couple bones for it. <_<

I enjoy shooting that little guy, it drops right in your back pocket...they're very reliable. Since I got my XD it's been neglected...

post-2093-1134738754_thumb.jpg

had the bryco jennings model 9 and the compact 380.

both were horrible pieces of shit that literally fell apart in my hands.

everytime i went shooting at least one spring or pin would go flying off while shooting for me to search for hours trying to find.

i kept numerich in business back then. but i was young and they were my first handguns.

you can get em cheap as hell on gunbroker usually, but their best use is as a paper weight.

Geez what a serious POS! How can a gun with so much bad press and obvious low quality even make it long enough to become known? A guy asked me to try and find the parts it needs to get it working again (firing pin, ejector, a couple of springs, and grip screws) and said he would pay up to 100 bucks to get it working. I located all the parts except the ejector for around $30 but it sounds like it's not even worth that much lol. I'm not even going to tell him he could find a new one for less than $100.

Thanks for steering me and him away from a bad deal.

• 3 weeks later...
I located all the parts except the ejector for around $30

on those guns (and a few others) the ejector is the firing pin. You will notice when you pull back the slide, the firing pin protrudes from the breechface. it is doing that to eject the casing out.

the firing pins on these guns are among the weakest link of an already dismal gun. The firing pins are made from pot metal (zinc). they typically break during firing and/or dry firing. if you were bound and determined to get a Bryco, I'd have a machinist turn a firing pin from stainless or tool steel. that would be a goodd start.

it sounds like you are passing on it. good move.

caspian

are you sure there is an ejector on that model?

Bryco 48 diagram

bry48.jpg

I think you may have posted the diagram of the model Jennings Nine.

Caspian

p.s. don't ask how i know so much about these POSs. :unsure:

hummm....i see where you got the diagram.

maybe i'm cornfused. let me look to see if i have one to disassemble.

caspian

Thanks for your help Caspian. Yeah I got it from Numerich's site. Funny the list with that diagram shows an "ejector" and an ejector/extractor. The model I have is nickel and has the extractor intact. There is a slot in the frame where it looks like the ejector is supposed to go but the ejector pin hole has a pin in it that does not protrude into the slot like it should. It is either sheared off or this is an option? Hell I don't know. Figures the only thing keeping me from fixing this gun for my friend is a 4 dollar part that can't seem to be found. The other parts it needs (firing pin, sear spring, grip screws, ejector pin, magazine) would not cost all that much if I could just find that one part and make it worthwhile ordering the rest from Numerich. From what I've read about these guns it would only be a waste of money but it is all he has and wants to fix it. Cool looking gun for such a POS.

Well I found all the parts I needed at the gunshow yesterday and got it all back together. :super:

I forgot to get some ammo to test it with so I guess I need to run up to Wallyworld.

Is there a way to uncock this thing without dry firing it?

FIXED! :super:

Man it's cool to be able to go to a gunshow and find just about any part you need.

Thanks Lead Monkey that slide does come dangerously close.

Thanks for your help Caspian! :up:

• 2 years later...

I picked up some parts at a gunshow and helped my friend fix his Bryco .380 once. I think it was having the same problem.

My best advice is to disassemble it spread the parts around in a lake...to save yourself or anyone else the misery associated with it. Sorry, not trying to be rude. It's just that Bryco = Jemenez = P.O.S.

EDIT>> LOL! I just realized this is the same thread I started 3 years ago :lolol:

Yes...good advice above...run far far away....

Edited by Cobra 76 two
i guess i should have been more specific i can pull the slide and i can see where the firing pins sets but when i pull the trigger it will not fire.. i can't even get it to dry fire

ok???? i already know it's a piece of shit but since i don't intend on doing what you just said .. so maybe you could tell me how to fix it or point me in the direction of someone willing to tell me outside of being sarcastic about it ...not trying to rude but sarcasm isn't really helping the problem

If you completely disassemble it, then replace every part that's either missing or broken, it should work after that...at least long enough to test fire it.

Not trying to be sarcastic...just honest. A gun that doesn't work is dangerous.

well i have disassembled the weapon but the cause is still unknown.. i was thinking it was caused by the mechanism that releases the the firing pin when the trigger is pulled , almost like its obstructed in some way since i can get the whole trigger assemebly to work while its apart only when its completely assembled does it not function.. i'm completely clueless on how to fix this piece of crap.. but i still want to fix it just for collection purposes