Well, Cabela's Mosins went on sale and I had a $25 gift card I've been wanting to burn up.
So I got a Mosin for $62! (After club points, coupon and gift card)

Here is what it did look like.

IMG_20131229_091604_640.jpg

IMG_20131229_091418_079.jpg

Here is is after two coats of Red Mahogany and two coats of Boiled Linseed Oil. (I do need to get some 1/3 wax and finish it off still)

IMG_20140112_124338_476.jpg

IMG_20140112_124202_905.jpg

It has a really nice sheen to it, tried showing it here...

IMG_20140112_124421_951.jpg

Got a spam can on the way!  super_man.gif

• Like 1

How dare you tastefully restore the finish to your rifle!  Damn good deal you got there from Cabela's.

Haha, I have been getting some crap for refinishing.  Oh, well.  *I* like it better and around here, *I* am number 1!  Hahaha

I would like to get a M44 or something and leave it alone.

Very nice!

I sanded my 91/30 down with a green scouring pad(after using steam to remove all cosmoline) and stained it with the minwax Sedona red. After that I used boiled linseed oil hand rubbed it and now it looks very nice.

• Like 1

Very nice!

I sanded my 91/30 down with a green scouring pad(after using steam to remove all cosmoline) and stained it with the minwax Sedona red. After that I used boiled linseed oil hand rubbed it and now it looks very nice.

Almost went with Red Sedona! (Also Dark Cherry...), I do wish it would have came out just hair red-er. Edited by Pyzik

I LIKE it, very tastefully done, of course NOW that you refinished it it is only worth $61.95! LOL

Hahaha! That cracked me up.

Thanks guys. I really do think its much better. That shellac finish that they come with is just ugly.