thing is not so secure, you can open it with a tool, it has a screw to remove to open it if you lose or RFID doesn't work

Failsafe in case of Electronic Failure
A "Fail Safe" has been implemented into the GunBox. A small unique safety screw can be removed using a special tool which will manually open the Gunbox in the event the electronics fail.

No way I am relying on RFID, If you support this then you send the message you support smart gun technolgy to rely on. And we all know how we feel about that.

following is a quotes from my local boards and I think they have a point,

On a side note and just my opinion...... Say we flock to the store to buy these RFID safes. The sales are astronomical and all the gun boards on the internet talk about how great these are and how we would bet our lives on these securing our weapons and being able to access them quickly. Well, next thing you know our country's wonderful lawmakers are trolling the boards saying if you secure your guns this way why not just build it into the gun also. Now we just opened the doors and sealed our fate by supporting and buying these safes.

You are already late to the party. They have built them into guns already.

I know they already have created smart guns. What I'm saying is there has been strong opposition from the gun community saying "no way" to these "smart gun". Buying these safes would be hypocritical on our part. If we buy these safes, we will be saying we support the technology and trust it in securing our arms indirectly. I believe that would be the push our government would need to create laws in actually requiring RFID technology built into our weapons directly. I hope I was more clear this time. Accepting this technology in safes does not help us.

Have been a few questions lately on kids and guns. This is an expensive solution, but ya'll might want to look.

I have a least expensive solution;  don't have kids. not only will you  save 279 bucks, but you'll also save 240,000 bucks to boot (that is if the kid laves the house at 18, if not tag on a lot more money)

• Like 2

Seems like a good option using RFID to open. Like most people that work with metals and other abrasive and sharp materials, my finger prints change all the time, so the current finger print readers are not going to work for me.

I don't get the jump from RFID keys to RFID trackers. The safe uses an RFID ring or bracelet to detect you and open, not to track the firearm.

I just did a quick search on RFID spoofing Tech.

Anyone could build such a device, which means the technology is not 100% secure.

It might be okay for kids but, if it becomes popular criminals will start carrying RFID devices.

Technology is no cure for common sense.

• Like 1

At some point children are too young to comprehend consequence of actions, and some are harder headed than others. It's good to have some additional safeguards available for those cases. A desk top safe seemed like a good alternative to hiding my gun or storing it high at night or keeping it in the big safe too far to reach in a hurry. My boy is older now and soon won't be much of an issue either way as we've already began teaching the principles of fire arms safety.

At some point children are too young to comprehend consequence of actions, and some are harder headed than others. It's good to have some additional safeguards available for those cases. A desk top safe seemed like a good alternative to hiding my gun or storing it high at night or keeping it in the big safe too far to reach in a hurry. My boy is older now and soon won't be much of an issue either way as we've already began teaching the principles of fire arms safety.

The problem will soon be gone; but it will return. I was blessed with two grandchildren in the last year or so. It all starts up again. :) 

• Like 1