Using the pistol grip base as a stock no more reclassifies the weapon as an SBR , any more than firing rapidly would classify it a machine gun.

Though I'm interested to see if their methodology for classification would change in the future due to the recent ruling against them regarding the concussion reducing break, they recently tried to rule a supresssor. The judge ruled in favour of the manufacture because the ATF based their decision on characteristics, and not functionality of the device. (it was found to have no ability to reduce noise levels whatsoever)

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Hey ATF, that underfolding stock I have waiting to go on my M92? Well I attached a strap to it to make it a wrist brace. Hope that's cool with you. Oh, it's not? Hmm that's interesting. It seems you contradict your own rules.

Fingers crossed to see a supreme court ruling on striking SBR/SBS out of the NFA within ten years.

• Like 3

Thanks for the input. My thought was about bullpupping an AK pistol and adding a little square "bump pad" to the back of the receiver. Possibly with a hinged plate on the bottom(where the pistol grip and trigger would normally be) to act as support over the forarm.

Just a thought for my next build.

Fingers crossed to see a supreme court ruling on striking SBR/SBS out of the NFA within ten years.

+1... I can see suppressors getting the same treatment if they were to look at their real world use. And there's been an overflow of suppressors sent in to the ATF, it would be nice to see them get sick of seeing the paperwork.

• Like 1

The next thing I'm wondering about is a folding mechanism.  A folding mechanism doesn't change the brace at all.  It simply allows it to be folded out of the way when not needed. 

Just like a folding mechanism on a stock doesn't change a rifle into a pistol, a folding mechanism in a pistol brace wouldn't change a pistol into a rifle.

Just thinking out loud.  I don't plan to be the first to try it.

EDIT:  But then again, I guess I wouldn't be the first.

post-4831-0-79728700-1397072644_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-38296400-1397072685_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus

+1... I can see suppressors getting the same treatment if they were to look at their real world use. And there's been an overflow of suppressors sent in to the ATF, it would be nice to see them get sick of seeing the paperwork.

That'd be like one of us with a business getting sick of seeing 200$ checks delivered to us in piles essentially for nothing, and then deciding to cut back our business. I hope to see it someday, but that last video has pushed me over the edge. Id rather get one and discover i dont like it than miss out due to a 'clarification'. Although a 'clarification' saying a folding brace is gtg would be the shit. That thing is pretty slick if that kinda modification is ok by the atf.

• Like 1

That'd be like one of us with a business getting sick of seeing 200$ checks delivered to us in piles essentially for nothing, and then deciding to cut back our business. 

You're assuming the ATF WANTS to earn their money, they're getting paid either way, stamp requests or not

• Like 2

With dumbass videos like this and others they'll just rewrite laws to umbrella cover items.

Why give them more fuel to burn us with?

I agree. I remember when these first came out, everybody doing a video review absolutely refused to shoulder them, and do what everybody knew they'd be doing with the brace. Now the cat's out of the bag, the ATF knows exactly what people are doing with them. They will probably be given the Akins Accelerator treatment within a year.

With dumbass videos like this and others they'll just rewrite laws to umbrella cover items.

Why give them more fuel to burn us with?

I agree. I remember when these first came out, everybody doing a video review absolutely refused to shoulder them, and do what everybody knew they'd be doing with the brace. Now the cat's out of the bag, the ATF knows exactly what people are doing with them. They will probably be given the Akins Accelerator treatment within a year.

Yea I used to like his videos. Now it seems he's just a tool for sponsors. I wish he'd delete this.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure we all know what will happen eventually, blaming anyone but DC for this nonsense is less than pointless it is in fact is aiding and abetting.

Yep, pretty amazing how quick gun owners are to jump on each other for shit the GUBMIT does.

• Like 1

So Darth Saigus are you cool with guys like Leonard Embody, whose response to being warned that his 5.45 pistol builds were a bad idea was "I don't give a shit?"

I don't like the ATF more than any one else here, but some people seem to have a desire to poke the bear.

Until we can get rid of the ATF, they will continue to make rulings that are in part prompted by what gun owners do in public view.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

Oh ferfucksake.

So it's binary?  I have to either be for you or against you?  I can't have an opinion that has even a slight shade of gray?

That sounds very much like the way the left thinks.

Whoever Leonard Embody is, he didn't make your ammo illegal.  The government did that.

Think what you want.  Say what you want.

Until the government makes that illegal.

And then you can blame me for causing them to do it if that makes you feel better.

Oh ferfucksake.

So it's binary?  I have to either be for you or against you?  I can't have an opinion that has even a slight shade of gray?

That sounds very much like the way the left thinks.

Whoever Leonard Embody is, he didn't make your ammo illegal.  The government did that.

Think what you want.  Say what you want.

Until the government makes that illegal.

And then you can blame me for causing them to do it if that makes you feel better.

Just offering a similar example of a gun owner poking the ATF bear.

Don't take shit so personally, damn.

I'm not saying it's a "with or against me" operation. I'm just saying the nail that sticks up gets hammered down. And what they haven't thought of isn't illegal yet. Look at what happened with the TRUSTS and CLEO sign off. They weren't aware and some people who were hoping to do good, had it back fire on them. I feel this video is about to become a twin of those events.  Perhaps it would be more strategic to overlap the grey area's of non-NFA during the term of a more politically friendly president. ( I didn't say wait for a perfect one, so don't go there).