8in Tromix as a Underbarrel shotgun for assult rifle

I'am wondering if you might be able to use one of Tony Rumore's 8inchers to mount under a Ar or Ak. Something like the xm-26. But the saiga would be semi and have bigger mags. It would be sweet. I'm going to ask Tony about it and see what he thinks. It might be that you could switch it out as a stand alone and a underbarrel.

I don't see why not. he could easily fabricate up some sort of quick detach mount which hooks to the reont and rear of the gun.

IIRC, the Saiga 12 receiver is the same length as a standard AK, 10.25 inches. add in the 8" barrel and his shotgun has an approx OAL of 18". that would easily fit under a standard AK with a 16.25" barrel.

afterall, if the shotgun sticks out a bit, no real harm.

I'd like to see Tony mock this up on an AK with one of those rail systems. now that would be bad ass.

throw on a 100 Round AK drum, 10 round 12 ga. mag and you have the ultimate (albeit 40 lb) zombie killer.

caspian

Tony said that he could probably do it but doesn't think there would be enough people that would want one. It would be heavy but very cool. You could more than likly be able to reattach a stock and use it as a stand alone. If someone wasn't worried about it being a stand alone they wouldn't need to do the pg conversion, just the short barrel conversion. Really you could still use it as a stand alone by putting the original stock back on or one of those stock replacing pg. Anyways, I think I'm going to go for it around mid summer. I'm not sure what to have it attach to, a AK or AR????? It may be that I could have it set up for both!!! I'll post pics if it comes to light. Just think, what would you call it a AKS1247 or SK4712

Anyways, I think I'm going to go for it around mid summer. I'm not sure what to have it attach to, a AK or AR?????

Might be easier just to buy one of these deals:

post-1013-1137720412_thumb.jpg

Heard it didn't do too well in military testing...

For me... I'll just stick with my Tromix slug stick :smoke:

Edited by hk4me

Anyways, I think I'm going to go for it around mid summer. I'm not sure what to have it attach to, a AK or AR?????

Might be easier just to buy one of these deals:

post-1013-1137720412_thumb.jpg

Heard it didn't do too well in military testing...

For me... I'll just stick with my Tromix slug stick :smoke:

I believe that is the xm-26, I can't say for sure though, they made a few model like that that look the same. They aren't avaliable to the public and untop of that they arn't semi-automatic, their boltaction. And like you said, they didn't do well. A 8inch barrel tromix would be reliable, legal, semi......

I'm all in favor of crazy projects, so if you can do an over/under with a Saiga, go for it.

On the other hand, if you want an over under combo you can actually cary around without a set of wheeled outriggers, check out the Remington Modular combat shotgun

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm

he full package is a bit pricey, somewhere about $1300 for the full package + NFA TAX and dealer fees, but it can be set up in 4 different ways.

I wonder if gunsmiths can order the remlock system they use. That could help for putting a Saiga under anouther firearm.

post-2109-1137725725_thumb.jpg

I believe that is the xm-26, I can't say for sure though, they made a few model like that that look the same. They aren't avaliable to the public and untop of that they arn't semi-automatic, their boltaction. And like you said, they didn't do well. A 8inch barrel tromix would be reliable, legal, semi......

The XM-26 LSS is bolt-action for a reason. That's what puts the L (lightweight) in LSS.

I agree, you'd need arms of steel. The 870 MSS is pretty badass, but it's probably geared more towards big purchasers who want to cut down on the logistics costs of maintaining several different categories of weapon. For a private citizen, a serbu shorty is probably a more economic choice for an unerbarrel shotgun.

honestly, it's probably easier to mount a rifle (PL-16, carbon-15, etc) to a Saiga, than a Saiga to a rifle...!

The 870 MSS is pretty badass, but it's probably geared more towards big purchasers who want to cut down on the logistics costs of maintaining several different categories of weapon. For a private citizen, a serbu shorty is probably a more economic choice for an unerbarrel shotgun.

honestly, it's probably easier to mount a rifle (PL-16, carbon-15, etc) to a Saiga, than a Saiga to a rifle...!

yea, the $1300 + fees for the modular 870 scared me off. I would still like to SBS a 870 with the Remlock stock so that I could switch between shoulder shotck and pistol grip without tools. Unfortunetly, from the Remington Website I can't see any other modle of 870 that has the remlock stock.

Something the size of a Serbu Super Shorty would be good for mounting under barrel, just remember that the SSS is usually shipped as an AOW, but anything that goes onto a rifle would need to be SBS.

The shotgun itself doesn't have a shoulder stock, but with the rifle, it can still be fired from the shoulder.

Of cource, mounting a 870 pump under a Saiga-12.... might be a fun if piontless combo :D