Kalashnikov co. rejects AK 102 production in US

They may decide to try again at a later date, its not in their best interest to try shit like this with "sanctions" and other bullshit in the current climate.

But for those that cant speak Russian, here is a quick translate of the article.

"Kalashnikovs are not collected in the United States. This decision was made board weapons concern. Abandon build weapons on American territory, the company decided on May 15, 2014, but it has become known only on June 6. In the Board of Directors considers that the run production machines in the United States "in the current environment" inappropriate.

After entering the Crimea in the Russian Federation on the basis of a referendum held on March 16 on the peninsula, the United States and the EU have imposed sanctions that have touched several dozen Russian officials. In this regard, on the world stage talking about the beginning of a new Cold War between Russia and the United States.

"Board of Directors" Kalashnikov "admitted this project in the current environment impractical" - "Interfax" a source familiar with the situation. According to him, the project is the production of popular Russian machines on American territory proposed company Itadesa.

On the website of the corporation Itadesa, whose name is an abbreviation of "Industrial trade and development company", says that it is part of an international group established in 1999 in the Czech Republic and has offices in six countries, including the United States. In Russia, the company is working closely with the bank "Financial and industrial capital."

In February 2014 Itadesa addressed the "Rosoboronexport" to organize in the U.S. production of Russian arms. As a basic model for the assembly firm planned to use AK-102. This model is intended to collect the industrial zone in Philadelphia, located in Pennsylvania.

At the same time during the manufacturing process experts Itadesa going to make yourself some minor details of the machine, under U.S. law to be able to put on the finished product labeled "Made in USA".

The presence of such labeling would Itadesa to compete for the supply of Kalashnikovs U.S. Defense Department and other law enforcement agencies of the country. At the initial stage, the company has offered to purchase the Russian side assembly kits 90,000 AK-102.

However, the Russian concern have decided to reject the proposal Itadesa. As explained by the ITAR-TASS source familiar with the situation, in response to the proposed U.S. company cooperation, it was decided that "this is not fun and not cost-effective."

Currently in the United States made up Kalashnikovs companies not affiliated with the Russian company. This so-called clones of the famous Russian automatic weapons. Their production, as reported on a dedicated U.S. site dedicated to the Kalashnikov assault rifle, 16 companies are engaged.
"

Edited by Captain Hero

Would have been a done deal until Obamba got handed his ass over the Ukraine, which is a place where the USA has absolutely zero business sticking our noses into. It would be like the Russians fucking around in Puerto Rico - it makes no sense at all.

I am so sick of this renegade President doing whatever the fuck he wants while ignoring Congress, ignoring the courts, and essentially leaving his trail of shit strung across this nation and the world for someone else to try to clean up. It's long past time this fucker got handed his walking papers...

• Like 10

That would be 90,000 more AKs Kalashnikov would have to share the American market place with.

Smart move, on their part, to reject the idea.

It's their parts kits. It's just more money for them. We haven't stopped buying AKs yet no matter how many are built or where.

• Like 1

They (Kalashnikov) must have foreseen too many negative consequences with the idea.

90,000 more AKs in the US would push prices down.

Don't get me wrong. I think that every American household should have at least one rifle.

Would have been a done deal until Obamba got handed his ass over the Ukraine, which is a place where the USA has absolutely zero business sticking our noses into. It would be like the Russians fucking around in Puerto Rico - it makes no sense at all.

I am so sick of this renegade President doing whatever the fuck he wants while ignoring Congress, ignoring the courts, and essentially leaving his trail of shit strung across this nation and the world for someone else to try to clean up. It's long past time this fucker got handed his walking papers...

Wellll... Cuba is basically next door to Puerto Rico.

My mom is a non-political person who will generally support whatever politicians & policies give the best warm fuzzy feeling. My dad has been a former-hippie conservative for a long time. Driving out for our fishing trip yesterday, he told me that he recently complained to my mom about Obama using EOs to do whatever he wants in many cases, and what did my mom say? "Well he has to, because congress isn't getting anything done!"

Wellll... Cuba is basically next door to Puerto Rico.

My mom is a non-political person who will generally support whatever politicians & policies give the best warm fuzzy feeling. My dad has been a former-hippie conservative for a long time. Driving out for our fishing trip yesterday, he told me that he recently complained to my mom about Obama using EOs to do whatever he wants in many cases, and what did my mom say? "Well he has to, because congress isn't getting anything done!"

Ah the things that Love over looks. sounds like you have great parents

If Russia wants to politically harm the Obama admin, then in fact it's a GREAT time to give Americans their best rifles.

Frankly I think it's just more stupidity on the part of K-group, formerly Izhmash.

• Like 2

it was decided that "this is not fun and not cost-effective."

Exactly how I feel when buying 7.62. 

More rifles here would be great, but how about some ammo production? 

Edited by Padrooga
  • Like 1

it was decided that "this is not fun and not cost-effective."

Exactly how I feel when buying 7.62. 

More rifles here would be great, but how about some ammo production? 

Here's the snag... We buy 7.62x39 rifles because imported ammo is CHEAP. Even during the darkest days I would see US manufactured x39 on store shelves priced comparably with .223 (about $1/round). It seems the US manufacturers are making plenty of x39, we just don't want to pay for it (or at least I don't).

In the height of the S-H BS I bought 1000rd of Tula at a "reasonable" price (can't remember exactly.. somewhere around $275-300). The US manufacturers never got even close to that even during the GWB era.

Domestic 7.62x39 production will never amount to anything until its importation is banned or otherwise stopped - hopefully it won't ever come to that point. 7.62x39 is without a doubt in the top ten rifle cartridges sold/shot in the US.

• Like 2

They can't make it as cheap as the cheapest imports. People who want the cheapest will only buy the very cheapest so the SS makers don't have an incentive to come in third. So the market they go for is premium and semi premium. Granted the remington 7.62x39 is nothing special. I think people only really buy it because it is what is on hand, or because they need the brass. I suppose it is probably more suitable for hunting than the average steel jacketed stuff.

I try to find a balance of performance vs cost. I'm a fan of the Hornady SST load, but like the Brown Bear laquer cased. I don't shoot much brass cased anyways.

Edited by Captain Hero