I made recent mention of MRAPs not passing US EPA (1998 Emissions level engines from Navistar anyhow) or US DOT. Seems somebody was listening! tinfoilhat.gif

I would expect this to stick as even emergency vehicles have to meet modern emissions standards. The only difference between emergency vehicles and regular trucks allowed (that I'm aware of) if that emergency vehicles CANNOT have engine protection software that limits the horsepower to less than rated. IE, if a Firetruck, Ambulance, or School Bus (same category), is about to scatter its rods all over the street, or someone dies, its programmed to go for broke and do just that.

I honestly think its a shame the trucks will be going to scrap as many of our real foreign allies could get good use out of them and PAY US for them. With the independent suspension upgrade they're actually still very capable vehicles in modern theaters.

EPA needs to be disbanded.

Trouble is...they have actually done plenty of good, however like the unions, they have become too big, too greedy, and too powerful. Now they're just a whore to whichever evil prick is in the oval office.

• Like 4

Yeah....this, along with the lying ass so called global warming "scientists", who got caught, and al gore, equates to a vast criminal enterprise that has our nation by the balls and is squeezing all it can from us, they are killing this country.