Federal judge rules DC ban on handguns unconstitutional

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A federal judge on Saturday overturned Washington D.C.'s ban on carrying handguns outside the home, saying it was unconstitutional.

"There is no longer any basis on which this Court can conclude that the District of Columbia's total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny," Judge Frederick Scullin said in an opinion.

"Therefore, the Court finds that the District of Columbia's complete ban on the carrying of handguns in public is

unconstitutional," he added in his 19-page ruling.

The court ordered the city to allow residents to carry handguns outside their homes and to let non-residents carry them as well.

MORE HERE...... http://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-rules-dc-ban-handguns-unconstitutional-000500750.html

This is just SHOCKING electric_shock.gif 

• Like 2

I want to be happy about this.

But somehow I know it won't matter.

I thought, every victory, no matter how small, was still something to be happy about???

BIG JOHN,

AS WITH THE WAR-ON-GUNS, THE GWOT, AND A NUMBER OF OTHER THINGS, THIS OLD AXIOM APPLIES"

"HOW DO YOU EAT AN ELEPHANT"

JESS1344

I thought, every victory, no matter how small, was still something to be happy about???

BIG JOHN,

AS WITH THE WAR-ON-GUNS, THE GWOT, AND A NUMBER OF OTHER THINGS, THIS OLD AXIOM APPLIES"

JESS1344

Wif yo mouf?

JESS1344

Since I'm in the south, probably fried with corn bread and Okra on the side.

It is nice to win one from time to time.

I would like to think we are going to get a pendulum back toward firearms rights and privacy.. Maybe this is part of that movement?

• Like 3

Very good.  At least somebody pays attention.

There is a difference between "something to be happy about" and actually being happy.  For my own mental health I've gotten off the roller coaster.

The ruling is a good thing.  The opinion is solid and unequivocal.  And I know it won't matter because the ruling won't be followed pending appeal to the SCROTUM.  If the SCROTUM upholds the ruling or declines to hear the case, and the ruling is actually enforced, I'll allow myself to be happy for a few minutes.

I'm a realist.  I don't believe it when I get an email telling me I've won something until I actually have that thing in my hand.  Realistically there is no reason to believe any court ruling means anything until that ruling is actually enforced.

Rulings against freedom are instantly enforced.  Rulings for freedom are usually not enforced.  And if they are, the left immediately finds a way around the ruling.

• Like 5

Very good.  At least somebody pays attention.

There is a difference between "something to be happy about" and actually being happy.  For my own mental health I've gotten off the roller coaster.

The ruling is a good thing.  The opinion is solid and unequivocal.  And I know it won't matter because the ruling won't be followed pending appeal to the SCROTUM.  If the SCROTUM upholds the ruling or declines to hear the case, and the ruling is actually enforced, I'll allow myself to be happy for a few minutes.

I'm a realist.  I don't believe it when I get an email telling me I've won something until I actually have that thing in my hand.  Realistically there is no reason to believe any court ruling means anything until that ruling is actually enforced.

Rulings against freedom are instantly enforced.  Rulings for freedom are usually not enforced.  And if they are, the left immediately finds a way around the ruling.

Sad but so true.