There will always be a few weeds in the haystack. All the more reason to insure you packages.

Our driver makes about 60K a year with benefits. You could buy a lot of guns with that. UPS takes good care of their drivers and from what I know from talking to our drivers. They have a teamsters union that is not out of control like the teachers union and whatever the DHS is using.

At least they caught this guy. He will never drive a commercial vehicle again. Probably do some time for a felony.

• Like 1

Of course they caught him.

This is like a bank teller stealing from his own drawer.

There isn't any conceivable scenario where he doesn't get caught.

• Like 1

I was a UPS driver for over 25 years. Hes going to Federal Prison. Deep Deep doo doo. All pkgs have tracking #s. It didnt take them long to catch them.Unfortunetely its just society in general.Look at all the millionaire hoodlums in the NFL.UPS pays their delivery drivers very well.Whether you make good money or not, its an integrity issue.

wonder if he now holds the record or is just a contender.

with all the scans in and out of the package as someone said it's hard to believe he thought he could get away with it,

but he did

so chances are he's stole before and got away with it no doubt.

Years ago there was a moron of a class 3 dealer in Panama City selling machine guns for big money and then not shipping them. The buyers were legit and had done all required the paperwork but this moron was convinced they wouldn’t report him because it was for a machine gun. Well they didn’t get their guns but he’s still in prison for theft. Dumbass crooks in all lines of work so UPS isn’t special.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

I know someone who had a blown up Ruger single action stolen by UPS on the way to the factory for repair.

Dumbass thief stole a broken gun.

Hint:

If it's going TO the MFR, chances are it needs work. Going FROM the MFR...not so much.

wonder if he now holds the record or is just a contender.

naw just a contender,  there was a fairly recent scam going on where some UPS employee's were making phony labels to deliver items to an address they wanted !

when they saw a package they new would be valuable....slap on a phony label

UPS packages are tracked every step of the way. Once any package gets in a driver's possession there is a record of that and the driver has to account for it. I would think that guns also need a signature when delivered. I don't see how he thought this could work.

FedEx will be next with one. They don't require signatures. I had sent my Ithaca shotgun back to have the receiver and barrel refinished and reblued. The day it was to be delivered I heard the truck drive up. Just as I got to the door the driver was on his way back to the truck. No door bell, knock or delivery notice. I yelled at the driver to know whether I had to sign for it and he waved me off. My package was laying on the lawn near my front door sidewalk. Good thing I was home as I live on a busy street with lots of foot traffic.