OEM Lazer for Saiga 12

Just wanted to share this with you all, a rather unique item I got from Acca47 in Russia that Cobra turned me on to. It's a touch activated lazer that mounts in place of the gas block adjuster/end cap. Looks to be made well, Cobra gave it good reviews, and it also looks to give you the ability to fine tune your gas system with 6 rotational pinning points for the chamfer on the plug, and 20 different spots for the detent pin to lock.

More or less a point and shoot device with a bright red lazer that shows in daylight and has a decent sized dot. To me it's not a great device to use with the KOBRA sight as the lense filters out a lot of light projected from the lazer, and its just kind of redundant. I'd also like to give Acca47 credit on the transaction as he gave me good information, a tracking number (although you had to use it in conjunction with a Russian translater) and it took only 11 days from his confirmation that he shipped until it arrived to me in the St Louis area. Not bad ( :

Makes me wonder what other stuff is available out there.........

post-1866-1138482913_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1138482928_thumb.jpg

How adjustable is this laser?

My problem with the small ones that come from Korea and are seen all over that have the 3 or 4 hex screws that supposedly allow you to adjust the center of the laser, haven't worked for crap for me. I've had 4 or 5 of things and couldn't really get one to zero within even a couple inches at a given short range.

This was made for the s12 and 20. Remove the cap (1 or 2 gas setting) and replace with the lazer-screws in just like the cap EXCEPT it has 20 detent pin locations so you can go all the way down tight to the gas block. It also has 6 holes with a set screw/pin that allows you to index the chamfer for the 1 or 2 gas setting where you want it, possibly split the difference. I just received mine and haven't dialed anything in. Cobra, if your lurking, maybe you can shed some light on adjustment. I know the spanner tool indexes to the ring holding the emitter, not sure about the longer tube device.

Here's a link to acca47's first add with specs and details

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7611&hl=

Too bad it can't work with my front sight :angel:

only reason I didn't get one............. :angel:

Heeheehee wait till you see what I'm doing with mine... :smoke:

6500 RPM the tube is used to aim the laser while you tighten down the locking ring with the spanner. It stays put once you get it adjusted.

We bored a hole through my buddy's FSB on his U.S. AK build. He has a clamp-on laser...I think we used a 3/16" bit. It's cool because it's right between the bore axis and line of sight. If the FSB was a little wider, we were going to mount it right in it.

We bored a hole through my buddy's FSB on his U.S. AK build. He has a clamp-on laser...I think we used a 3/16" bit. It's cool because it's right between the bore axis and line of sight. If the FSB was a little wider, we were going to mount it right in it.

Cobra, what the hell are you doing with it? I just emaied him to get one, let us in on the secret!!!

It's coming along, at least that's what my friend in Bulgaria tells me.

YOU DICK!!! :haha: You know I was stationed in Germany, Nurnberg and Bamberg, from 1988-1998, yeah that is not a misprint 10 years, I loved it and they kept wanting me to stay. Well I had never heard of Saiga for some reason and we had the Rod and Gun club that sold weapons, handguns, rifles, shotguns, et al. I remember when the wall fell and all of a sudden, after i came back from guarding the border for 180 days, CZ75's were $79!!!!! I bought one, and a CZ83 .380 and it was only $59!!!! Man if I had any sense back then i would have bought 100!!! Then about in 96 when all the Army bases were going to close, they would post it in the stars and stripes what Rod and Guns were going to go out of business. Well you planned it so that you had money and then drove wherever it was cause they HAD to sell all their shit at 10% below the cost that they paid! I got a Rem 870 for $99, a 6" SW29, .44 mag for $125, a ruger MKII for $90, man i was wheeling and dealing. we used to drive 45 minutes and be in chzecoslovacia and trade with the russian soldiers. beleive me cobra, you would have loved to have been there. i had russian NVG's, uniforms, submarine watches, 1 of which i still have, everything!!! I'd go back in a heartbeat!!

Edited by Roadkill45

I have been looking for something like that for a while. That is the only thing really missing from the saiga IMO, besides the 10 round mags.

I just emailed him. Thanks man. An integrated laser on the saiga will rock.

The guy who is custom building my sight said the people there only make about 30 dollars a month (something like that).

Hey cobra, what is the deal with your custom sight? Is he taking orders from the general public or did you have some special exclusive hookup?

Edited by beerslurpy

The guy who is making it for me is doing it as a favor to return a favor. He asked me for help with dimensions on a Russian flash hider for his S-12 because they can't buy gun parts thru the mail over there so he could not just order one from Rusmilitary like I did. I gave him the exact dimensions with a picture of mine and he made himself one just like it. In fact he made two and sent me one for helping him out. I can hold the two side by side and it's hard to tell the difference. It threads onto my S-12s just like the original. I was so impressed with his work I asked him to help me with a problem I was having with my AKS-12. This is the one I converted to standard AK style with the wooden HGs and AK rear sight. The problem with putting an AK upper handguard on a Saiga shotgun is once you do this your factory sights, which were already crappy at best, won't work at all because the upper HG is right in the way. So first a I made a rear sight that would get me up over the HG but then I needed an elevated front sight to match. The one I ordered from Rusmilitary is designed to work with the factory pistol sights that fit in the dovetail on the trunnion so when I installed it with my custom elevated rear sight I was not even getting on paper with slugs. It was hitting at least 8" high with the sight pin adjusted all the way up. I decided I would have to build, or have built, a custom front AK sight which was taller so it would work with my rear sight. It would have to be made on a sleeve that would fit tight around the 12ga barrel so it could be pressed on or at least held with red or green locktite and a setscrew if necessary(I don't think so). I want it to be nothing but a thin barrel hoop or sleeve like the real ones with no gay ass set screw clamps hanging down and getting in the way of my bayo like the aftermarket ones offered by Rusmil and Krebs. It will also be complete with the plunger or detent pin to index my brakes and hiders and keep them in place. I made all these plans before I got the laser and decided to use it on this gun.

So now that my secret's out, :rolleyes: just like dinzag said, I'm boring a hole thru the center of the sight tower for the laser to shine thru. surprise. It was supposed to be done a long time ago but I'm not the pushy type to rush people and pester them while they are working on things [hint hint wink wink, you guys that can't be patient and let our 10 rd mag makers and other innovators on the forum work on their projects for all our benifit without nagging them and demanding constant updates] so I have not emailed him recently to check on progress. Some people have a real life with all kinds of other things going on besides gun stuff but they still make the effort to go out of their way to try and do things to help the gun community. If it's something important, such as US made Hi Cap mags or last round BHOs, magwells, US made furniture, really anything that will be a great improvement on the Saiga, we already have the pressure on us to try and be the first to perfect these projects and get them out there. Nuff said, sorry for ranting a little.

Anyway that's what the deal is with my sight and I'm still waiting patiently for it to get done. It might not be the first of it's kind like I had hoped but it will be cool as shit none the less. :devil:

I don't think he has very much time to do projects like this with him working full time in his fathers machine shop while studying to be a vetranarian and only making a meager salary. When it is finished I plan on duplicating it and offering them for sale for the S-12 and maybe the other shotties. The sights are the worst drawback IMO the Saiga shotguns have, even worse than the mag loading problem. The Russian lasers are awesome and an easy fix because they just thread right into the gas block. That paired with a good working set of irons will make this gun what I want it to be. If I want to take a deer with it I can just replace the laser with the blind plug and go. As long as it is indexed the same when it goes back on it should still be right on.

Sorry for the long post...too much coffee this morn and not enough sleep last night.

How about the laser? Does anyone know if the guy is still in business? He hasnt gotten back to me yet.

He emailed me a couple of days ago. he was in a car accident and is pretty laid up. after i emailed him back with my sympathys i have not heard back from him and that was 2 days ago. i'd let him rest for awhile. here is his email:

"Mark,

>

> Received your message but cannot reply in detail - yesterday I got

> into car accident. I can definitely get for you the laser, will

> contact you later."

Even on a good day I've found that none of the Russian sellers are real quick about responding, but usually get something within a few days. I got the same reply about the accident from acca47 on a general b.s. question I had for him a few days ago. As far as I know, acca47 and urals are both good sellers, I've done business with both and have no regrets, but you have to be patient about everything.