Going on a ride along with AZ DPS (Highway Patrol)

I was on a ride along.  The not so nice officer gave me a matching set of really nice bracelet's.  He also put me up in the Grey Bar Motel, where I was served a 5 star PB&J sammich, an orange, and a chilled milk.  haha.gif

I retaliated by showing another nice officer my butthole.  haha.gif

I've done a couple of ride-alongs with my local PD. Nothing too exciting (which is good, I think), and it was interesting to see things from their point-of-view.

One officer is "known" for pulling people over for "little things." I did a ride-along with him once, it was interesting. He already knew most of the people he pulled over for minor things, like a tail light out. He didn't really care about the tail light, he was following up on a known drug user, to verify the guy was sober! (He was!)

He pulled another guy over for not using a turn signal, I was listening as he walked up to the car...

"Hi Mark, you know why I stopped you?"

"That's right, you forgot your turn signal. It happens... Hey, did you get your license back yet?"   :huh:

Yeah, Mark went to jail for driving under a suspended license... again. He also had a crack pipe in the car, but no drugs were found... this time.  ;)

I did a couple ride alongs with a good friend in Mississippi years ago. Down there they run 2 Cops per car. When doing a stop the shotgun rider in the Cop car rolls down his window and opens his door (no interior light) and draws a bead on the stopped car's driver with his .357. Then the driver Cop goes up to the stopped car and does his job in a very friendly way. NO barking orders just a "How y'all doing today...."

I did a couple ride alongs with a good friend in Mississippi years ago. Down there they run 2 Cops per car. When doing a stop the shotgun rider in the Cop car rolls down his window and opens his door (no interior light) and draws a bead on the stopped car's driver with his .357. Then the driver Cop goes up to the stopped car and does his job in a very friendly way. NO barking orders just a "How y'all doing today...."

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing a cop has me in his sights with a .357.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing a cop has me in his sights with a .357.

Oh, don't worry, that was years ago.

These days it would be an AR or shotgun pointed at you.  :wacko:

The last I knew, any time a service weapon leaves its stored location the cop is supposed to be put under review even if its clearly justified. The idea of police just drawing on people during traffic stops concerns the hell out of me. I hope times HAVE changed...

Probably the SAFEST place to be in that traffic stophaha.gif

Couldn't just let that one passnonono.gif

I KNOW not all cops are bad shotslaugh.png

I'mma hafta call BS on this one.  

If I were the cop going up to the car, I'd have to shoot the dumb mother fucker in the passenger seat for pointing his gun at me.

Probably the SAFEST place to be in that traffic stophaha.gif

You don't have to be a good shot when you or your homies are unloading 100 rounds at one person.  Or better yet, point blanking a dog haha.gif

Finally rested after the graveyard shift.

Not to exciting, couple wrong way drivers, accidents, speeding drivers, and a pursuit.

Officer was professional and courteous. Not all are JBT. Just a job some are better at than others.

• Like 1